Superdrug Five Minute Fabric Facial Mask Review

I was quite excited to see these new face masks from Superdrug available. I couldn't resist in buying two out of the three varieties available. The first one I picked up was the Purifying Facial Sheet which Revitalizes normal to oily skin. The second is a Cleansing Formula Sheet suitable for all skin types. These are available at the slightly higher price of £1.29.


The first one I am reviewing is the Calming Facial Sheet for all skin types. This contains Aloe Vera and it is meant to cleanse your skin.
The directions are quite simple, all you need to do is cleanse and pat dry your face. I used the Garnier Fresh Clarifying Face Wash and St Ives Apricot Scrub prior to the face mask.
When I opened the packet and unfolded the mask I was actually quite surprised to see the mask as big as it was. It was slightly bigger than my face but the size and shape makes it suitable for all face shapes. I was quite hesitant to use the sheet because it looks like something out of a horror film. A thing I noticed about the actual sheet was that it was a thick fabric and was heavily soaked in the Aloe Vera Cleanser. 

It was relatively easy to apply to the face and I just placed it over my skin and tapped it into place. There were conveniently cut out eye, mouth and nose holes. On the back of the packet it says to leave it on for 5-10 minutes. After 5 minutes it didn't feel adequate enough so I left it on for another 5 minutes. After the ten minutes it still felt like it could be left on for a bit longer but I removed it because I felt a slight tingling irritation on my skin.

Then the next thing you need to do it massage in any leftover residue and it seemed to be quite difficult to massage in. After that it tells you to splash for face with cold water and pat dry. I did that and then my skin felt quite tight but it felt clean. I applied my moisturizer and my skin felt a lot better. There was no irritation or patchy red areas on my skin afterwards.

The next morning I took a close look at my skin and my pores were significantly smaller and my skin looked a lot clearer and still feels smooth and clean.

Overall, if you find yourself in a Superdrug, definitely get some of these. Apart from the slight irritation after ten minutes of wear, these masks are a lot more effective compared to the 99p ones. These fabric face masks are a lot easier and less messy to use, perfect for a weekend break away and you want to use a face mask, or you need a quick skincare fix. They are still super affordable at £1.29.

SparkleEyes x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review