Easter Cupcake Recipe

Instead of doing an Easter tutorial today, I decided to make some cupcakes since I haven't done a cupcake blog post for a few months. These are marbled cupcakes decorated with Mini Eggs and I love the pastel marble effect inside.
I am using a cupcake recipe which I've already published on my blog and you can see that recipe here if you want to follow the same recipe, if not you can use your favourite recipe. There are a few other ingredients which you will need including food colourings of your choice and mini eggs. Follow the cupcake recipe to get a batch of cupcake batter and divide the mixture into four.
Turn three of them a different colour of your choice. I used Dr Oetker gel food colours to dye them pastel shades and these are the colours of Mini Eggs. I left one of them without any food colouring added to it.
 Using one of the colours, spoon this into each cupcake case.
 Repeat this process with the rest of the colours.
 
 
 
 Once all the cupcake cases have been filled, take a cocktail stick or a skewer and swirl it in zig-zag motions through the batter. This will marble the colours together.
 Bake in the oven for the required time. If you are using my recipe, these cupcakes baked at Gas Mark 4 for exactly 20 minutes. Insert a skewer into the cake and when it comes out clean they are completely cooked.
 Leave to cool and ice them however you want to, I did the classic ice-cream style swirl on top of each one. I cheated a bit and used pre-made icing but if you want to use buttercream icing that has been made from scratch, I have a recipe here.
 Take two mini eggs of different colours and stick them on the side of the icing.
 
 
 
 
Inside wasn't as marbled as I would like, but I think they look really great, they taste absolutely amazing.
 
What is your favourite cupcake flavour?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review