MUA Cosmetics Pout Prime Lip Primer and Anti Bleed Clear Lip Liner Review

Other exciting new products launched by MUA Cosmetics recently have been the Pout Prime Smoothing Lip Primer, £3, and Anti-Bleed Clear Lip Liner, £1. I have had the lip liner for a few weeks and since I recently purchased the Pout Prime, I decided to review them together.

 The Pout Prime Smoothing Lip Primer allows you to 'get super smooth lips'. This is a 'soft and soothing balm that creates a smooth base allowing your lip colour to apply evenly and last longer.'
 I like the simple packaging of this product, it is like a lip crayon which twists up at the bottom, therefore there is no need to sharpen this product. The tip of the product is precise, allowing for more control and precision when applying this, especially in the corners of the lips and cupids' bow. The formula of this is so smooth and feels weightless on the lips when it's applied and easily glides on.
 The Anti-Bleed Lip Liner creates a barrier for lipstick to prevent bleeding and smudging. There is no description of the product on the website, unfortunately,
 This is so easy to apply and can be sharpened with the convenient built-in sharpener. It is a soft product to use around the lip area and glides on effortlessly, and you can't see any trace of it either.
 I put these two products to the test together, and to compare the effect of them, I first applied a lipstick without either product. For anyone interested in which product it was, I used MUA Lipstick in Shade 2. I don't have any other product on my lips, I did apply a lip balm a few hours before doing this review.
 I applied the lip liner around the edge of my lips first, and then applied the Pout Prime all over the lips. Let the product dry a bit before putting any lip colour on, I didn't, and I feel like it affected the pigmentation of the lipstick.
I'm going to see how long it lasts, and the time I applied this coat was exactly 14:15 so I'll check back in a little while.
 
45 minutes later, I checked back and all I had done in that time was speak, so no eating or drinking. I feel most of the lip colour has faded but the majority of the pigmentation is still there and I can definitely feel that there is product there. I am going to add another coat of lipstick and then set it.
 
After I have had some lunch, I will check back later and see how well it sustained this time.
So after lunch, I checked my lipstick and I have to say that it lasted pretty good, I could still see the colour which is good. I couldn't see any feathering either.
 
I really like these two products, the lip liner is really good at preventing the colour from bleeding or feathering and the Pout Prime keeps the actual colour in place. I would definitely set the lipstick because it still fades a little bit but once it's set, you're pretty much good to go. It lasted such a long time and I'm impressed with it, considering it costs only £4 for the two products.
 
What are your thoughts on these products?
 
SparkleEyes x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review