St Patricks Day Makeup Tutorial

Even though I'm not one for wearing green eye shadow, I really like this makeup look for St Patricks Day. I really like the combination of the different tones of green with the gold eye shadow and I absolutely love the fact that I can use gold rhinestones for a look like this! It can be either a dramatic look to wear with the rhinestones or a much more wearable look to pull off without them. All the colours I am using for this look are from the Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eye Shadow Collection Palette.

I am applying a primer and white eyeliner base all over the eye area. I am also taking a small piece of Sellotape and I am placing this at an angle against my eye, lined up with the outer corner and the end of my brow.
I am using a fluffy blending brush and gently fluffing a pale green in my crease and blending it towards the brow bone to create the base of a gradient I am doing for this look.
With the same brush, I am taking a green a few shades darker and repeating the same process. Blend with the lighter green to start the gradient.
Next, I am taking a darker green and a precise eye brush and I am tracing out the crease line very lightly with the darker green. Blend out the colour with a blending brush.
On the outer half of the lid, I am patting a mid-toned shimmery green onto this area but keep this shade out of the inner half of the lid.
On the inner half of the lid, I am using a gold shadow from the palette and filling in the space, blending with the green on the lid.
Using the same gold shade, I am applying this on the inner half of my lower lash line, and the same green from the lid on the outer half of the lash line. I've also applied a black kajal eyeliner on the waterline. Highlight the inner corners and brow bone with a highlighting shade.
Instead of using a black liquid eyeliner, I am using a gold metallic eyeliner and using this to create a winged line on my upper lash line. After curling my lashes and applying mascara, I have added some natural looking false eyelashes.
Dot some lash glue in a rainbow shape on the outer corner, inner corner and half way between the crease and brow bone in even spaces apart. Then take some gold rhinestones and use tweezers or a damp cotton bud to place a rhinestone on a dot of glue. This is an optional step but I really like the idea of this for this look.
On my lips I used Natural Collection Lipstick in Pink Orchid which is a frosted pink that worked really well for this look and complimented the green on the eyes.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. I love this look! The gold rhinestones are stunning :)
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to include them for this look, they look so effective for St Paddy's Day! :)

      SparkleEyes x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review