My 20th Birthday Makeup Tutorial

On Saturday, I hit my 20s. I celebrated my birthday with a karaoke night and a dinner over the weekend and this was the look that I wore for the occasion. I used the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette for this look which is one of my go-to palettes for a party makeup look. If you would like to see how I created this smoky halo look, and what other products I used, then carry on reading!


As always, I am starting with my eyes as I am using glitter and there will be some fallout. I primed my eyes using the NYX Waterproof Eye Shadow Base and then set the primer with the shade 'Thirteen' from the Naked Smoky palette. This is going to help the eye shadows to move and blend nicely.
The first shade I am using is 'Combust' and I am blending this through my crease as my first transitional shade with a 228 brush from Zoeva. It is always important to use a lighter colour as a transitional shade to help with blending the darker shades later.
Moving onto the shade 'Password' with the same 228 brush, I am blending this from inner to outer corner in my crease in a nice rounded dome shape. I then took the same shade on the inner and outer third of the lid to begin to create the halo effect.
I then took the Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Smoky Purple and took the fourth shade which is a matte purple and just patted this overlapping the Password shade, closer to the centre of the lid but leaving that centre area clear.
On the centre of the lid, I used a flat shadow brush to pat the lightest shade in the Eyes Uncovered palette to fill in the area, and then patted a tiny bit of 'High' from the Urban Decay palette to add some brightness.
Moving onto the lower lash line, I lined my waterline with a black kohl liner and repeated what I did with eye shadow on the top to the lower lash line. I blended some 'Combust' first and then layered Password on top and then dotted High on the inner half of the lid.
I then added some liquid liner and winged it out at the outer corner.
I finished off my curling my lashes and applying a generous coating of Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara.
To finish the rest of my face, I began with the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer all over my skin and then to help seal any pores and fine lines, I took the NYX Pore Filler Primer on any areas that I have visible pores; this was the centre of my face, especially in my T Zone. I used a new foundation I got recently which I absolutely love; the L'Oréal Infallible Total Cover Foundation covers my skin beautifully, photographs amazing and lasts all night. I then took the Maybelline Dream Brightening Creamy Concealer underneath my eyes. I found this concealed my dark circles while brightening and lifting the area.
I contoured and applied some bronzer using the MUA Bronze and Sculpt Contour Kit and from the Strobe and Glow Highlight Kit, I used the cream highlighter as a base on my cheekbones followed by the light highlight shade from the Barry M Illuminating Highlighter Palette. Finally for blush, I took a pink toned shade from the L'Oréal Infallible Blush Paint Palette before setting all of my makeup with a powder and a setting spray. Finally for lips, I began with the Sleek Lipstick in the shade Liqueur and layered a NYX Lip Lingerie in Ruffle Trim over the top.  
So I hope you guys liked this look, it is one of my go-to makeup looks from one of my favourite palettes. Since it was for my birthday, I used some loose silver glitter by NYX on the very centre of the lid and on the inner corners.
 
Don't forget you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all my blog posts and to see what new makeup I am loving!
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review