Review | Collection 5 in 1 Does it All Mascara

Today I have another review by Collection. I bought this product on my birthday and I was quite interested with it. Collection claims that the mascara does 5 things; lengthening, volumising, curling, conditioning and is meant to be long lasting. The shade I got is number 17 Ultra Black and it is £3.99. 

First Impressions
My first impression was that it seems like a fair price for this size mascara and it usually the type of price I am willing to pay for this type of product. 
The next thought I had was that the wand of the mascara must quite thick which I don't like. I opened the mascara in store and I was quite surprised to see that the wand was thin and rubber and I don't think I have any rubber wand mascaras so that will be good to try. 
So I compared the mascara on each eye. I curled the lashes on one eye so see the difference. The picture on the left is the curled lashes and the other is uncurled lashes. (I really need to even my eyebrows out...)


ONE COAT:
Lengthening
My lashes definitely look longer on both eyes

Volumising

I don't really see a difference in the volume on the right eye with the curled lashes but the uncurled side seems to have more volume.

Curling

On the curled lashes, the mascara appears to enhance that curl more and I can see some curl from the mascara on the uncurled side.

Long Wearing

This mascara is certainly long wearing! It takes a lot of effort to remove the mascara at the end of the day. On the curled lashes, it holds the curl for ages and doesn't flake off. 

Conditioning

Conditioning mascara is something I am not familiar with but I did notice that the mascara doesn't clump on the curled lashes and my lashes do feel softer with this mascara than other mascaras which is nice. When I'm bored I tend to play with my lashes and they definitely feel softer. 

Uncurled lashes with one coat of mascara

Curled lashes with one coat of mascara

TWO COATS
So I applied two coats of this mascara to see if there is any difference

Lengthening

The lashes definitely seem longer on the curled side.

Volumising

Now I have applied two coats, there is definitely more volume now there is two coats but now there seems to be more clumping and it doesn't look flattering. 

Curling

There is still some curl with two coats.

Long Wearing

The mascara is still long wearing with two coats.

Conditioning

There is a tiny bit clumping but the lashes do seem to be soft which is really good.


Uncurled lashes with two coats of mascara

Curled lashes with two coats of mascara
So that is my review for the Collection 5 in 1 Does it All Mascara. I would definitely recommend curling your lashes before you use this mascara because it looks nicer and the lashes don't stick together like it will do on the uncurled side. I think it looks better with one coat but it looks nice with two coats. So, does this mascara really do it all? I think with just one coat it doesn't but with 2 coats it definitely does 'do it all' so overall I would recommend this mascara. It is really good value and looks like false lashes. I don't think there are any negative points to this mascara which is fantastic.

SparkleEyes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review