Review | MUA Cosmetics Pretty Edgy Palette

So this is my first post as a 17 year old! My birthday was yesterday and I bought some makeup which I will haul and review for you guys probably next week so stay tuned for that. 
This review is going to be on the Pretty a Edgy Palette by MUA Cosmetics. As you guys may know, I love MUA because of the quality and affordability of their products and I have reviewed several of their palettes and the reviews from them have been a mix of good and bad so let's get to reviewing this palette.

This palette is from the Luxe Collection, exclusively available at Superdrug for £8. One of the reasons I wanted to buy it was because the design of the case isn't something like I have seen before on a palette. As you can see, it has these silver spikes on the front which give it that rocker, edgier feel which I like. But this is also what makes it expensive because the layout is exactly the same as the Smokin Palette which is available for £6. 
There are 10 shades in this palette and they are mainly pink-purple plum shades with a black. I really like the range of colours in this palette and I haven't really got any of these shades.

The photo doesn't really do the colours justice because the colours are a bit darker in real life.

These shades are shimmery colours. 
The first colour is the lightest colour and it is called Antique. 
The next colour along is called Bow. 
The third colour is called Toile and it is a light lilac colour. 
The fourth shadow starts to get a bit more dramatic. It is a metallic grey looking colour called Ruffle.
The fifth shade is called Flounce and it seems like a burnt burgundy colour. 
The last shade on the top row is called Lace which is a really pretty crimson colour.  


Bottom to top: Antique, Bow, Toile, Ruffle, Flounce, Lace

These colours are matte shades.
On the second row, the first shade is called Sinful.
The next colour along is called Gothic which is like a brown.
Third shade is called Wrath which is a purple.
Finally, the last colour is called Envy and it is a black.

From left to right: Sinful, Gothic, Wrath, Envy 

The things I like about this palette is that you get a mix of matte and shimmery shades so you can balance out a look. All the colours are super pigmented, easy to blend and I have just tested out some shades on my lids without a base and they actually look really nice and bold. 

The one thing I don't like about the palette is the price. It is £8 but still considered affordable, but it isn't something worth giving a negative view  about. 

Overall, I love this palette and would recommend it.

So I hope you guys liked this review and if you have your own thoughts about this palette then leave it in the comment box below.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review