Makeup Area Reveal!

Today I am doing a reveal of my makeup area because first, you guys have not seen it before and second, I have recently moved my makeup from a drawer in my chest of drawers onto a kind of open desk. The desk has been in my room for ages, before I was even born! We had the computer on it but since that stopped working, I decided to transform the desk into my new dressing table and makeup storage area. If you follow my Twitter, you may have seen a picture of 'a nice tidy makeup drawer' from February 2013 and a year on this is how much makeup I have got. in case you didn't see it, here is what it looked like on the 28th February 2013:

Disclaimer:I am not trying to brag about the amount of makeup I have or about how much I have collected in the last year, this is simply for those interested about what my makeup area looks like and how I am storing it so if you don't want to know or aren't interested, look somewhere else now. 

This is the main storage area for my single products such as eye makeup, face makeup and lip products. I got these drawers in the clearance sale in Ryman just after Christmas. They were selling them for £3 for 2 drawers and they are really deep drawers as well. They are definitely bigger than the ones I used to have. This sits by the wall of the arch in my room to the left of my big mirror and as you can see I have a clock next to it, to tell me the time when I am getting ready in the morning, and currently as this was photographed the time is 10 to 5.... and a photograph of my cat on the top. As you can see, these drawers are quite high and you can just see the top of the shelf of the desk. Since I photographed this, I have changed one thing; in between the drawers and the mirror I have 4 books. One is my blog diary, the other three are makeup guide books. I have the Girls' book of glamour, The Wah Nails Book of Nail Art and Be Beautiful. They are all pink so I have a pink highlighter and pen to make everything match.
This is the first drawer. This contains all of my face makeup like my other foundations, primers, blushers, bronzers... Anything that isn't my essential face makeup - that is somewhere else.
This drawer contains all of my eye makeup products, so my spare mascaras, eyeliners, glitter liners, pencils, primers... again, anything that is not an essential eye product.
 This is the drawer with all my lipsticks and lip pencils. My lip products take up two drawers and these drawers are quite deep. So I have a lot of lipsticks as you can tell.
This is the drawer that contains the second part of my lip products; lip glosses. These include the squeezy tubes and the tubes with the wands. I have the lip glosses that have the wands laid on the bottom (when it is tidy) and the squeezy tubes on top because it makes the drawer look neater and more organised. But, I had to find a lip gloss with a wand and the entire drawer was untidy.
In the desk, there is a drawer that used to have the keyboard. This pulls out to create more space on the desk. This is where I have the drawers that I used to use for my makeup, before I had the entire makeup aisle of superdrug here!! (I joke). I managed to fit all four of these mini drawers and I pushed them back so I could slide them forward when I needed them. I used to have these drawers in the frame on the top shelf of my desk but it looks nicer and it is more efficient storagewise under here.
 The first drawer contains my everyday essential makeup products. This has the primer, foundation, concealers, eye makeup and lip products that I use on a daily basis and are essential every day. This makes it easier for me to reach.
This drawer has single eyeshadows, eye creams, cream/gel liners and eye dusts. Basically anything that is in a pot. It just fits nicely into this drawer.
 This is my essential tools; my manicure stuff, tweezers, lash curlers and nail buffers.
Finally, I have cotton buds and cotton pads in this drawer and to the side of that I have hair brushes and clips.
 This is what the top shelf of this desk looks like. Brushes, palettes and other things are on here and again, they are easy to reach.  
 In this box I have false lashes and lash glue. Over christmas, I bought 2 sets of 4 lash palettes for 99p in the sale. I just keep them in here because they fit best in here. Behind this box I have my essential skin care stuff such as hand creams, moisturisers and hair stuff. They just fit into the corner and are easy to reach.
 Next to that, I have my infamous brush holder. This brush holder is from ELF and it has 3 sections in the holder, for eyes, lips and face brushes. I need a new brush holder - that is nearly over flowing.
This is where my makeup palettes are. I have quite a lot of palettes and they take up the rest of the space on the shelf. Fortunately they ll are relatively the same size and fit nicely together. In front of that are tissues and my nail rhinestone wheels.
 This is a little cabinet I have on the right side of my desk. As you can see, there is a sheet draped over it across the radiator and this is my mini photography studio. It is good because I have the natural light of day coming through  because this is right under the window.
 This is what is behind the door of the same cabinet; my spare skincare products.
Under the sheet un the open bit of the cabinet is my handmade nail polish rack with my nail polishes and fake nails.

So I hope you guys liked this post and come back soon for storage makeup tips.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review