Chinese New Year Makeup Tutorial

I haven't done a Chinese New Year makeup tutorial before, and since this year I wanted to dramatically improve the content and quality of my blog posts, I decided it would be good to do a tutorial to represent other times of year celebrated by different countries.
 
The first step is to apply a base for the eye shadow to keep it in place for a long time.
 To add an extra base layer, I am applying a thin layer of a light beige cream eye shadow, I used a shade from the MUA Cosmetics Colour Blast Eye Shadow Tints before patting a gold shadow on the inner half of the lid.
 Using the same flat shading brush, pat a fiery-orange shade on the outer half of the lid and blend the two shades together for a flawless transition.
 I mixed two tones of a pinky red shadow and buffed this into my crease. I then used a fluffy blending brush to blend the pinky-red into the lid colours and to soften the edges.
 On the lower lash line, I lined the waterline with a black liner pencil and applied the orange shadow on the outer half of the lash line and the gold on the inner half of the lash line, using an angled brush.
 The next step is to add liquid eyeliner and to curl your lashes and apply mascara.
 I added some false lashes to this look, and I recently learnt a 'lash hack' from TheMakeupChair YouTube channel; instead of applying the lash glue directly onto the lashes and then applying them, apply the glue to the lash line of the eye, but be careful to not get it in your eye. Then apply the lashes and then this way, they won't be as fiddly to apply. I did it this way and I am so annoyed I did not think of that sooner!
 I did an ombre themed lip, and the first step is to line the outside of the lip using a dark red lip liner.
Then I simply applied a wearable coral lipstick all over the lips which blended with the lip liner to create the gradient. 
 
 
So I hope you guys liked this tutorial!
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review