An Eye Makeup Look I Get Complimented On All The Time

I didn't want the title of this post to make me sound vain, but I don't really have a name for this look. I have worn this look a lot recently and it's one of my favourite looks to wear at the moment. Since I always seem to catch a lot of attention from this metallic smoky eye, I thought I'd turn it into a blog post. I think this look is great for a night out or maybe a date night or something like that. I am using the Naked Smoky Palette from Urban Decay as well as another one of my favourite products for this look.

Before I begin, I am using an eye shadow primer and setting it onto the eyes with 'Thirteen' from the Naked Smoky Palette. In the crease I am blending 'Combust' from inner and outer corner and fluffing it up and out towards the brow bone using a Zoeva 228 brush. This is so the darker colours have something to blend in to later.
With the same 228 brush, I am taking 'Password' and blending this on top of Combust and making sure it fades into the lighter colour.
Moving onto one of my favourite products for a smoky eye, I am taking the Rosie for Autograph Cream Eye Shadow Stick in Sparkle & Magic and applying this all over the lid. Then with the Shading Brush from Real Techniques, I blended this in to make sure the edges were softened and to eliminate harsh lines.
With the 227 brush from Zoeva and the shade 'Slanted', I blended this into the crease to add some depth to the look.
After patting a tiny amount of 'Armor' onto the lids, I took 'Black Market' on an Essential Crease Brush from Real Techniques to create a V Shape on the outer corners. I made sure that all the edges are well blended at this stage and I am fluffing out the black to give it a hazy smoky effect.
I then took a black kohl pencil and lined my upper lash line and smudged it out to create a smoked out effect.
To finish off the eyes, I lined my lower waterline with a black kohl pencil and applied the same eyeshadows from the palette on my lower lash line to create symmetry and balance.
I curled my lashes, applied some mascara and added a pair of false lashes to complete the look.
I hope you guys liked this look, I absolutely love wearing this paired with a matte nude lip and I think it's a great look to wear for lots of different types of occasions and it's also really easy to do!
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review