The 24 Karat Nudes Palette // Maybelline Spring 2017 Collection

This is just one of the many new products set to come out in time for Spring as part of the new collection by Maybelline. This is the 24 Karate Nudes Palette, an extension on the already-existing 'The Nudes' Palettes. The palette features 12 shades described as being 'expertly curated shades for custom eye makeup looks'. 
The palette contains 12 shades inspired by 24 karat gold including soft neutrals, a stunning royal purple, glistening gold and a gorgeous sparkly black shade. It's housed in a golden toned palette similar to the other Nudes Palettes from Maybelline.

There is a nice combination of shades but most of these eyeshadows are satin finish, however some are matte and there is one glitter shade in the mix. I was particularly drawn to the gold, the black and the rose-gold pink on the bottom row. 
The textures of the eye shadows feel quite soft and blendable and most shades contain a lot of pigment.
I applied some of the shades to my eyes and I was surprisingly impressed with the opacity of the shadows and how easily the blended into each other. I used the rose-gold shade, which actually turned out more like copper, on the lid, blended with the dark brown in the crease, definition to the outer corners with the sparkly black and added highlight with one of the pale shades. They lasted a good few hours before the colours began to fade and merge into each other but for the price I expected them to last a bit longer.
 
Overall, I quite like this palette but I don't think it's a palette I'd like to wear just on it's own; I'd most likely incorporate shades from the palette into another look. I really like the pigmentation and textures of the eye shadows, however this palette is £9.99 so I'll leave it entirely up to you if you want to be purchasing this palette. In hindsight, if I had to choose between spend or save, I wish I had chosen to save my money.
 
What are your thoughts on this palette? Remember to stay tuned to see more of the new Maybelline collection for Spring 2017.
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review