How I Organise My Makeup // Makeup Collection and Storage

Over the years since I started my blog in 2012, my makeup collection has rapidly expanded in size and it's important to be able to efficiently store and organise makeup for many different reasons; to be able to find a product I'm looking for, to improve and maintain the lifespan of a makeup product and mainly because I want my set-up to look professional. Recently I tackled the task of sorting through my makeup palettes and I had discovered so many palettes that I forgot I even had due to being poorly organised in a drawer. I did a post last year of my makeup collection and storage but this time I wanted to show you easy and effective ways of organising makeup.

Before I start, I do want to say that I know I own a lot of makeup and I'm not showing you my collection to brag about what or how much I have. This is my hobby and I have this makeup because I use it for my blog and when I apply makeup on other people and all of this makeup and the contents of this cupboard has been purchased by me through my own hard earned cash or gifted from friends or family :)
 
Firstly I have all acrylic storage which I think looks the most professional. You can see all of your products at once and easily find what you're looking for. However, acrylic against white can look a bit unattractive and boring so I brightened it up with some flowers and stick-on wall butterflies.
 I store my makeup brushes two different ways; all of my face brushes are in a 6-section holder from Muju and I've organised them by brand. I keep my eye makeup brushes in two round acrylic pots also from Muji and I keep all of my Zoeva and Real Techniques in one and the rest of my eye brushes in another.
 All of my eye makeup is in a 5-drawer unit stacked on top of a two drawer unit, also from Muji. I've organised and separated each drawer based on product; mascaras in one drawer, single eyeshadows in another, eyeliners in one and I find this easiest to find what I am looking for.
 In order to track which blog post is going up when, I have this Weekly Planner pad which I've stuck to the wall. I've dated each day and written the name of the post which is being publish on which day.
 In the middle I have my lip section. I got this three-drawer unit from Muji and I've organised all my lip glosses, lip pencils and things like that within the three drawers. On the top I have six 9-section lipstick holders which fit perfectly in between the two storage units. I've stored my lipsticks upside down so I can see which colour is which in order to select the right one.
 Using a clear letter holder, I keep three of my favourite makeup books here to remind me why I love makeup and so I can easily reach them if I need to reference something. I have 'How to be a Professional Makeup Artist' which I got from Amazon, Face by Pixiwoo and TheMakeupChair Handbook by Sinead Cady.
I have the same storage unit as my eye makeup on this side for my face makeup and I've followed the same organisation techniques by keeping foundation together, blushes with blush etc.  
I also have this hooked on the wall, it's a mirror with 'you can never be too glamourous' on which sums me up and a 'big dreams start small' ornament.  
Finally in the drawers, the top drawer holds my palettes. I had a four section CD holder laying around so I placed it in the drawer and organised my smaller palettes to make them easier to find. Beside it I store my larger palettes but all of these palettes are a lot easier to see because before I had them all just thrown in here and I had palettes I forgot I even had!  
 Finally I keep all of my other beauty products and tools in this drawer. It's a bit less organised than I'd like but I can still access everything I need to so it works for me.
So I hope you guys enjoyed this post, I absolutely love how my makeup is set up.
 
What are your tips for storing makeup?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review