Mermaid Inspired Halo Eye Makeup Tutorial

Recently I got one of the NYX Single Eye Shadows in the shade called Mermaid and I was inspired by this beautiful aqua-blue to create a mermaid themed look so I combined blues and purple for a bright and fun eye makeup tutorial.
 Before you start, ensure you apply an eyeshadow base to the eyes to ensure that the product stays in place. I am using 'Crème Brulee' by Makeup Geek as my first transitional shade and then blending 'Frappe' mixed with a little bit of 'Cocoa Bear' by Makeup Geek underneath Crème Brulee to begin a gradient. I am using neutral colours to give the brighter colours something to blend in to later.
 The palette I am moving onto now is the NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in 'Brights' and with the deep purple on the second row, I am blending this into the crease and fading the edges into the Makeup Geek shades. I then took the NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Milk and blended this onto the lids to help the coloured eye shadows appear more vivid and bright. I then went over the crease again with the purple just to conceal the join between the white and the purple.
 With the first blue shade on the third row of the palette, I am patting this on the inner and outer third of the eye, leaving the centre free.
 Moving onto the NYX Single Eye Shadow in 'Mermaid, I patted this on the centre and took a clean fluffy blending brush to blend all the edges out and to get rid of harsh lines.
 I found one of my MUA Single Eye Shadows in the shade 'Electric Purple' and I patted this over the darker blue and this just amplified the purple and it turned out to be a perfect shade for the look. Once again I took the fluffy blending brush and blended the edges.
 To create balance to the eyes, I repeated the previous steps on the lower lash line with the Mermaid shade in the centre and the blue and the purple shades on the outer and inner third.
 I decided to add a bit of glitter so I used the NYX Glitter Liner in Crystal Hip just on the centre of the lid where the lighter blue shade is. To complete the eye shadow, I took MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow in Blue Sheen and blended this into the outer V of the eye and fluffed the shade in towards the crease to get some definition and depth to the eyes.
 The eyes wouldn't be finished with a slick of liquid eyeliner winged at the outer corner. I added some false lashes and a touch of mascara.
 
I really hope you guys like this look, I felt like being a bit more adventurous with colour for this tutorial and I love how it turned out!
 
Don't forget to keep up with me on Twitter to see what is new on BLBB!
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review