My Top 3 Beauty Uses with Coconut Oil

A few months ago I introduced coconut oil into my beauty routine as a natural and more gentle alternative than store-bought products. Coconut oil has natural moisturising and soothing properties that are simple and effective so today I am sharing with you my top three beauty tricks using coconut oil.

You can buy coconut oil from a few places; drugstore, health food stores, even the supermarket. I get mine from Superdrug for about £2.50 and it is great to use on your skin and hair. It is solid and when it comes into contact with the skin it melts into an oil and it smells really good too.
 
The first thing I love using coconut oil for is a hair mask treatment. I dampen my hair and then smooth the oil onto the ends of my hair, avoiding the roots. I then wrap my hair in a towel and leave it for around 3 hours and afterwards I'll wash my hair as usual. After blow drying my hair, it's left feeling super soft, shiny and less frizzy.
 
 I love making my own body exfoliator at home and I mix together equal parts of coconut oil and sugar to create a paste-like formula. In the shower, I dampen my skin and then massage it all over my skin. The sugar will whisk away the dead skin cells and brighten the skin while the coconut oil soothes and moisturises. Rinse all of the sugar off and the coconut oil will have soaked into the skin, making it smooth and silky. Since coconut oil has soothing properties, I also love using it as an all over body moisturiser after a bath or shower and after hair removal.
 
My final trick with coconut oil is to help heal and treat any cuts, grazes, burns etc. I got burnt from hot coffee at work last month and to cut a long story short, it started to form a scar so I rubbed a little bit of coconut oil onto the affected area every morning and evening and it had almost healed up completely. I also massage a little bit onto any cat-scratches or little minor scrapes to prevent it from scarring my skin.
 
Let me know in the comments below if you have any other tips for using coconut oil or what your favourite way to use it is! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter (@SparkleEyes101) and Instagram (bethblogsbeauty) to never miss a new post and to keep up to date with me!
 
Beth x
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review