My Favourite Makeup Tips and Tricks

There are hundreds of tips and tricks out there that helps you to look your best at all times. I know quite a few tips and tricks that I constantly use so all of these definitely work. Here are my favourite makeup tips that you can add in to your beauty routine.


The first one is a trick with a lash curler. If your lashes are stubborn and they won't curl nicely, blast some hot air onto the curved part of the curler for a second or two. Wait until it is slightly warm, you do not want this to burn you, before curling your lashes as you normally would.
The next lash curling tip is to invert the lash curler when you close it on the lashes. Do this by turning it up so it is against the top of eye as opposed to the bottom. This gives a more nicer curl.
It is really difficult to get the perfect winged eyeliner. Sometimes even I struggle with it and it is normally me go-to every day look. I'm no stranger to liquid or gel eyeliner and once you get the hand of it, it is so easy to do. I use my favourite liquid eyeliner which is either ELF Precise Liquid Eyeliner or Seventeen High Drama Intense Liquid Eyeliner (with a more precise wand). I do it freehand and I start by creating the wing on the outer corner: just a small triangle and then in one swift line I connect this to the upper lash line. I make the line thinner towards the inner half of my eye and hopefully when you close your eye there will be a perfect fluid line.

This tip I'm sure you all know about if you have been reading the last few tutorials and that is apply a white eyeliner base underneath your eyeshadow. After priming, I apply the Barry M White Kohl Eyeliner and blend it out. This creates an extra secure base for your eyeshadow, making brighter colours pop and it keeps it in place for longer.
The next trick is to use tissue and translucent powder to keep lipstick looking fabulous all day. After applying your favourite lip shade, press a piece of tissue over the lips and lightly dust some translucent powder above it to set the colour. This also works really well if you want to make your lip colours matte. 

Everyone more or less has the experience of dealing with dark circles. For some, it's due to lack of sleep. For others it might be because you have deep inset eyes, like I do. There is a simple way to minimise the appearance of dark circles though. Instead of dotting the concealer directly on the problem area and blending, apply it in a triangle shape and blend. This creates a more flawless effect compared to directly applying it. 
Colour correction is a great way to counteract discolouration in the skin. I am loving the new MUA Colour Correction palette and this has all the colour correction shades. Use a green Correcter to neutralise red tones, the lilac illuminates yellow undertones, the yellow brightens and conceals purple tones and the peach adds radiance. Invest in a colour correction palette, loads of brands are starting to launch them and layer it under your normal concealer for flawless coverage.
The final trick is if you are on a budget but want some new makeup, the simple thing to do is multi-use products. Want a new lip shade? Mix a loose pigment eye shadow or blush with petroleum jelly and voila! Want a new blush colour? Use a lipstick! I did a blog post earlier in the year about saving money on makeup, so check that out here!

What are your makeup tips and tricks?

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review