Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara with Argan Oil Review

I'm usually on the hunt for an interesting new mascara to try and when this Wonerfu'll Mascara with Argan Oil by Rimmel caught my eye, I had to buy and try. I've seen this in several places for different prices but I purchased this in Sainsbury's for £8. In Superdrug I believe it is £7.99. I'm really looking forward to trying this mascara and this shade is Extreme Black.


This mascara contains Argan Oil which is an oil produced from the kernels of an Argan tree, found native in Morocco and is used for different things including culinary and cosmetic properties. Argan oil is also really great for nourishing and protecting the skin and you can use it for hair or skin treatments. However, this is a mascara containing Argan oil so I'm expecting super nourished and protected lashes.
The tube itself is quite a large tube and the shade 003 extreme black has a shiny copper top and a darker chocolate brown base. 
The wand is also quite a big size with loads of bristles and the tip of the want is a rounded dome shape. There is a nice amount of mascara on the wand so I'm going to compare the application on both of my eyes, one of which is curled and the other isn't.
On the left side, the lashes have not been curled and on the right side, I curled them using my No.7 Lash curlers. At this stage, there are no other products on my lashes.
Uncurled with One Coat
The lashes look significantly longer and more separated but this isn't a curling mascara so there was no 'lift' to the lashes. They look like they have a lot more volume and at this point there is no clumping.
Curled with One Coat
I love the way this looks even with one coat, it looks a lot more voluminous, lengthened and has really nice separation without any clumping what so ever.
Uncurled with Two Coats
With two coats, they look a lot more curled and a bit more lengthened and there was no clumping again. 
Curled with Two Coats
The mascara is holding the curl really well and again there is no clumping and the lashes are nicely separated. They look more voluminous and lengthened than before which is a really good false lash effect.
My lashes feel weightless and the extreme black shade is very bold and looks very distinct. You can see the individual lashes which is absolutely brilliant and like I have said before, I tend to play with my lashes when I'm bored and they don't feel rough, you can move them around so they're not 'stuck' in position when wearing this mascara. I did find, however, when applying the second coat, it was harder to get the wand through the lashes so take this into consideration and apply each coat before the previous one is dry, that way there will be hardly any clumping and that is something you can do with any mascara. 

As far as the appearance of the lashes go, I think they look amazing on curled lashes and it really enhances my eye shape and makes them look more awake compared to the uncurled side. Even though on the uncurled side with two coats it looks like my lashes have been curled so if you aren't a fan of curling lashes then this will be a really great mascara for you.

I'm now going to leave the mascara for one hour and see what it looks like then, and then I will see what it looks like at the end of the night when I take my makeup off.

After an hour, there is no flaking or smudging which is good so far. My lashes feel so soft and the curl is still in place.

At the end of the night, there was absolutey no smudging or flaking, the curl was held really nicely and it was so easy to remove with a makeup wipe.

If you guys try this mascara, or have already tried it let me know your thoughts in the comments.
I'd also like to document that this is actually my 200th blog post so yay for that! This will sound really cheesy but thank you for reading my blog posts and thanks for motivating me to do what I love! <3

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review