Maybelline the Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara

One of the main things I look for in a mascara is length and volume and judging from the new Maybelline mascara, "the Falsies Push Up Drama" mascara, £7.99, I was hoping that this would achieve that false-lash effect I look for.
I really love the packaging of this mascara, the colours and the style of the packaging has a different feel about it compared to other mascaras from Maybelline; it looks quite edgy and rock 'n' roll. This one features a shiny pinkish-red tube combined with black section in the middle. At first glance this looks like a duo ended mascara, with one side being a primer formula that creates a base for a false lash effect and the other being the actual mascara that intensifies the look of false lashes; but you are mistaken. There is just one mascara wand with 'cup shaped bristles' that boosts and thickens lashes.
The wand, in my opinion, is just a standard, straight rubber mascara wand with short spiky bristles. The formula of the mascara claims to 'instantly plump and volumnise the look of lashes' and is infused with styling wax which will keep lashes lifted. My general impression of this mascara is that it will last all day and into the night.
You can see that on the wand there is a generous amount of product on the bristles, ideal for achieving a plumped lash look. The wand was very easy to use, I wasn't concerned about poking myself in the eye with the bristles and it spread the mascara out evenly across my lashes with a gentle wiggling motion. However I'm unsure about what they mean by 'cup shaped bristles', to me this looks like a typical mascara wand.
I started by curling my eyelashes as I normally do to prepare them for mascara. I have really short, straight lashes so curling them beforehand is an essential step no matter what mascara I'm using.
 I applied two coats of mascara before it started to get a little bit clumpy but I really love how defined, lengthened and intensified my lashes are.
 You can easily see that there is such a visible difference between two coats of mascara and no mascara at all. You can also see how it sticks the lashes together and makes them feel clumpy and heavy.
While it lasts for a good few hours without flaking, the mascara made my lashes feel heavy and slightly sticky as it seemed to take ages to dry. At the end of the day my lashes looked a bit droopy and the curl had pretty much gone, so overall I am actually a little bit disappointed with this mascara. 
 
What is your favourite mascara?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review