MUA Cosmetics Skin Define Foundation and Primer

It's been a while since we've seen something new from MUA Cosmetics on the shelves of Superdrug. As I was *browsing* through my local store, I saw that this brand had released some new products so I hesitantly bought their new foundation and primer but being optimistic I thought I'd give it a go.
Firstly the primer is called the Skin Define Matte Perfect Primer. It claims to be "formulated for oil prone skin, this primer will mattify, remove shine and even out complexion. The smooth finish provides a perfect base for foundation." It is priced at £5, for a small little bottle, with 18ml product inside. I initially thought it seemed like a high price for this primer.
However, the packaging is in a squeeze tube with a small hole to dispense the product through. I squeezed some product onto the back of my hand and noticed that it was quite watery to begin with, perhaps from where it had been sitting? But the actual consistency of the primer was a very watery-based gel like consistency that, in my opinion, wouldn't be strong enough to hold foundation in place. On the other hand, applying the primer was really good, it glided onto the skin and sits lightweight on my complexion. It takes a while to set but when it has, it feels kind of velvety and also looks matte which is what I was hoping for.

The foundation is called the Skin Define Matte Perfect Foundation and I have the shade Natural Ivory which I think may be a tad too dark for me but I have to say I was impressed with the shade range, they had one that would suit deeper and darker skin tones which is called "Deep Fawn" so definitely check this out if you are interested in a drugstore foundation for deeper skin tones. The first thing I notice about the packaging is how similar it is to a "higher end drugstore" foundation. I think it looks a lot like a Rimmel foundation but this is priced at just £4. It also has a pump to dispense the product which I really like. On the packaging it claims to be "a soft and smooth foundation formulated with vitamins A, E & jojoba to create the perfect, flawless matte complexion. Shine control that lasts all day." This is exactly what I look for with foundation, having something that controls shine is a bonus for me and my oily skin so my expectations have been raised a bit for this product.
The consistency of this foundation is fairly lightweight and not very thick and as a result, applying and blending this foundation was actually quite quick and it sets quickly too. It has flawlessly evened out my complexion and eliminated any discolouration I had while providing a decent medium-coverage. I did notice that it slightly clung to the dry patches on the sides of my nose, but apart from that I didn't really notice anything else. I didn't powder my face after applying the foundation, but after about 5-6 hours of wear I noticed a tiny little shiny patch on the centre of my forehead. Lasting 5 hours before that appeared was pretty good for a lower end drugstore foundation, and it was quickly fixed by a touch of powder to take away the shine.
Overall, I am actually quite impressed with both of these products. I think that with powder being applied after the foundation, it will definitely last a whole lot longer. Both of these products work really well for oily-combination skin and I think the thing I like most about them is how the blend into the texture of my skin. With foundation, you want to be able to cover anything you don't want to see and I think if you wear a foundation that you can visibly see on your skin defeats the purpose but I was so happy this product didn't do that and remained invisible.
 
Will you be trying the new MUA Cosmetics Spring Collection?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review