Rainbow Eye Makeup Tutorial

St. Patricks Day is coming up later in the week and I've done a makeup tutorial every year for the last few years now, and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to share this makeup look I created; it's a glamorous golden eye makeup look with pop of colour from a rainbow design on the lower lash line.
To start off, I am applying a liquid eye primer all over the lid and under the eyes and then blending a white eyeliner base across the lids and on the lower lash line and blending out. This is going to make all the colours pop and make them more vibrant.
 Beginning with a piece of tape at an angle against the eye, I am buffing a mid toned matte brown shade into the crease as a transitional colour and using circular motions to blend this up towards the brow bone, paying particular attention to the outer corners.
 Moving onto a deeper matte brown, I am blending this shade lower in the crease and focussing this on the outer half of the crease and blending it in really well with the previous shade.
 To prep the eyes for the glitter, I am using a cream base and a small synthetic brush to cover the entire space of the lid and using my finger to pat it to blend it.
 Next, I am using a light gold shade and patting this directly on top of the base.
 Moving onto the fun part, I am using a glitter gel liner in a dazzling gold shade and applying 2-3 coats of this on top. Keep looking down or keep your eyes closed until it is completely dry to prevent it transferring onto the upper crease.
 To add some depth, I am using a matte black eye shadow in the outer corner of the crease and I am using a clean blending brush to soften it out.
 On the lower lash line I am forming the rainbow design, and beginning with a pinkish red shade on the inner corner of the lash line.
 The next shade I am using is a yellow shade and applying it next to the red and blending the two shades together.
 Then I am repeating this process with the rest of the colours; orange, green, blue and purple.
 Then I am adding a slick black wing across the upper lash line and flicking it out.
 To add a bit more colour, in the lower waterline I am using a light and darker blue eyeliner and creating a gradient with the two shades.
 For the rest of the makeup, I used a pink tone blush, a soft matte bronze shade and a matte highlighter on my complexion, with a bright pink lip liner and nude lipstick shade to compliment the eyes.
Then to finish off the entire look, I curled my lashes, applied a pair of false lashes and applied mascara.  
 
Products Used:
Makeup Revolution Aqua Seal Primer
Barry M Kohl Liner in White
Makeup Revolution Makeup Geek Eye Shadow Palette
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Crème de Nude
Collection Glam Crystals Gel Liner in Funk
Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eye Shadow Collection Palette
Maybelline Master Ink Liquid Liner
Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencils in Turquoise and Cool Down
MAC Bronzer in Golden
Benefit Shy Beam
Miss Sporty InstaGlow Blush in Shiny Coral
Sleek Eua La La Lip Liner in Red Sky Night
Essence Lipstick in 05 Nude
Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara
Superdrug LASH in Volume Edition 20
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review