Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Foundation

Recently I've been trying out different foundations suited for my oily/combination skin type and I have seen the Soap & Glory Heck of a Blot Foundation, £12, pop up on Twitter and Bloglovin' so I decided to give it a try. This retails in Boots and this is a 'fabulous, flawless, full coverage foundation' with Shine Bloc, 12 Hour wear and super blur powers.

This liquid to powder foundation is most suited to oily skin types as it claims to control shine for 12 hours, deliver flawless full coverage with no cakiness and blur the appearance of visible pores and imperfections.
It is packaged in a sturdy bottle with a pump to dispense the product out. I use about one pump to cover my entire face so hopefully this is going to last me for a very long time.
The consistency, even though it is quite thick to give a full coverage, is fairly watery which will avoid it going cakey. It has a very smooth to consistency which gives me the impression that it will be really easy to blend out.
I blended out the swatch and it did blend out really nicely. It was a good coverage, you can see that it has hidden the redness and the scratch on my hand. It sets into a powder really quickly so you do need to work fast for it to be most effective.
I found the best way to apply it was to start with freshly moisturised skin otherwise it will seriously cling to dry patches and make them really noticeable. Since it does set really quickly, I worked in small sections to build up the coverage. Dot the product around on small sections of the face using your fingers and then I took a dampened foundation sponge to blend it out. I recently bought a stippling brush ideal for mineral and powder foundations and I used it to blend in everything to make sure all the seams were blended out and until it looked flawless. I hadn't applied a primer before hand.
 It has a soft matte airbrushed appearance and it has minimized pores and provided a flawless coverage. It neutralised the redness and blue tones in my complexion. I applied this at 12pm and at this point I really love how it looks and feels on my skin. I also set this with my usual powder.
After 9 hours, I noticed a very slight amount of shine building up on the centre of my forehead and it had worn off a bit when I was a bit bored at work and where I had my head resting on my hands. My pores are still invisible and there wasn't any flaky or dry patches. My skin still felt really soft and not dry. I think if I had applied a primer beforehand it would have lasted the whole 12 hours at the least but without a base underneath it does last a decent amount of time.
 
Overall, I really like this foundation and think it would be great for those of you with oily skin. I'd say it does have a full coverage and a flawless appearance but make sure you moisturise your skin and prime just before application and apply and blend in small sections to get the best results.
 
What is your favourite foundation for your skin type?
 
Beth x

Comments

  1. You have really lovely skin! I like the sound of this, I have super oily skin so it sounds like it should work pretty well for me :)

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess! I'd definitely recommend this for you if you have oily skin, it wears really well and I hope you like it!

      Beth x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review