Makeup May: Hollywood Starlet

This makeup look is possibly one of my favourite makeup looks to wear, inspired by a classic Hollywood glam starlet with the sleek black wing and the red lips.

 The palette I am using for this look is the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte palette. I am priming my eyes first and then sticking a piece of tape at an angle against the outer edge of the eye to create a crisp wing. I am using a flat shadow brush and the shade 'Nutmeg' and sweeping this all over the lid.
 Then I am moving onto the shade 'Rosewood' on a blending brush and buffing this through the crease stopping about a third from the inner corners.
 Then I am using a pencil brush to trace a short line of 'Earth' on the outer third of the crease and going back to the original blending brush to soften out the line.
 Then to add some depth I am mixing 'Earth' and 'Carbon' and focussing this shade on the outer corners and blending it out really well into a smokier effect.
 With an angled liner brush and a gel liner, I am starting by creating the wing of the flick. I started by tracing against the tape and then tapering it in to the upper lash line.
 Moving onto liquid liner, I am filling in the upper lash line and then going over with a black eye shadow to make the line really sleek and to set it in place.
 I applied a very thin layer of foundation and concealed nay imperfections to get a flawless base.
 I then moved into a little bit of contouring and enhanced my cheekbones with a matte bronzer.
 For the red lips, I lined them with a matte red lip liner and then applied a matte red lip stick on top.
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review