Makeup May: Smokey Halo Date Night Eye Makeup Tutorial

Welcome back! Today's look is a smokey halo eye makeup look perfect for a date night at this time of year as it is quite soft and very wearable. I wore this on a date the other night and I really like it because it isn't too much or too under-done, I think it's just about right. I am using my higher end makeup for this look as well including Urban Decay and Smashbox.

 I am starting with the Smashbox Full Exposure palette and with the third matte shade on the bottom row I am using a 228 Zoeva brush to buff this in circular motions on the inner and outer corners of the eye but keeping the centre of the lid free from product.
 Then I moved to a deeper colour and took the second matte shade from the Full Exposure palette and used a 227 Zoeva brush to apply this exactly where we applied the previous shade and I made sure this was really well blended in to.
 Moving onto the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette and I took the shade 'Smoulder' on a Zoeva 231 brush and patting this on the outer and inner third of the lid and blending it into the crease colour.
 To make it more dramatic I took 'Black Market' on a 224 Zoeva brush and blended this in circular motions on the inner and outer corners and fluffed the colour into the previous shades to get a smokier effect.
 All over the lid I patted the fourth shimmery shade from the Smashbox palette on a fluffy eye shadow brush and blended it back into the surrounding colours.
 To finish the look off I did a simple thin winged liner flicked out at the end and I curled my lashes and applied mascara.
 
What do you think of this look?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review