A Drugstore Foundation with Advanced Skin Tone Technology?

Introducing the improved Collection Colour Match Foundation, the foundation that adapts to your skin colour! I was really intrigued about what this foundation actually claims to do because after all, it is only a drugstore foundation which retails at £3.99.
On the packaging this foundation claims to be a 'lightweight, silky foundation with advanced skin tone technology that adapts to your skin's natural colour for a beautifully flawless finish' and it 'contains UVA and UVB sunscreens'.
The packaging is very minimal and simple and it has the silver and black accents to the top of the bottle and the lid and the rest is the colour of the foundation. It also has the sticker of what shade the foundation is on the lid and this shade is 2 Ivory and they have 6 shades available.
The foundation has a small opening where the product is dispensed when you squeeze the tube.
 The consistency of the foundation feels very smooth and seems to have a slight peachy undertone.
This is before I applied foundation, you can see that there is some imperfections including the dark circles, a blemish on my forehead and my skin was a little shiny.
I used the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and the Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply and blend the foundation. It seemed to take ages to blend it in to the point where I was happy with how it looked on the texture of my skin. It has a medium coverage and with two layers of foundation the redness from the blemish is still peeping through and it clung to dry patches which I had around my nose. It evened out my skin tone and I feel it has adapted to my natural skin tone, it blended easily with a semi matte, lightweight finish however it took a few minutes to set and while it was setting it felt a little bit tacky and it only felt matte after I had set with a powder.
 
There are some things about this product that I like but overall I don't like it as much as I thought I was going to because it took such a long time to blend in and I don't like the way it feels or sits on my skin. I haven't tried the original Colour Match so I can't compare but unfortunately this isn't a product I would want to reach for often.
 
Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review