Smokey Golden Shimmer Summer Eye Makeup Tutorial

 A makeup look that I have been loving this Summer is this golden shimmery cat eye that has a smoky effect. This is so easy to do and will suit a lot of eye shapes and this cat eye look creates the illusion of slightly longer eyes.


Start by applying a primer and white eyeliner to the lids and then stick a piece of tape at an angle against the eye adjacent to the lower lash line and end of the brow. Make sure it lifts the eye to get the cat eye effect.
I am starting with my transitional colour which is 'M2' from the Smashbox Full Exposure palette and I am blending this through my crease using a fluffy blending brush.
 I am using the big Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eye Shadow Collection Palette for this look and starting with a light slate grey shade, I am patting this on the outer half of the lid and blending into the crease.
 With a darker grey, I am deepening the colour by applying this on the outer third of the lid and crease and blending out to get a smokier effect towards the brow bone.
 Next with a black shade, I am taking a dense smokey eye brush and lining the upper lash line and winging it out against the tape and using light flicking motions to blend it into the grey.
 The dominant colour of this look is gold so I am patting an opaque layer of gold all over the lid.
 I wanted to add some extra sparkle so I used Barry M Glitter in Gold Iridescent and patted this on top of the gold.
 On the waterline, I lined it a black kohl pencil and used a smokey eye brush to blend it out using a mid tone taupe shade to get that smokey soft look.
 I then added a very thin line to my upper lash line and winged it out.
I then curled my lashes, applied mascara and false eye lashes.
 I then did my face makeup and on my lips I used ELF Lipstick in Toasted with ELF Lip Gloss in Goddess.
 
 
What is your go-to makeup look for Summer?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review