My New Statement Nude Eyeshadow Palette

I have said before that I wasn't going to by any more nude eye shadow palettes because I have so many of them and they are always so similar and I just had no need for a new one. However, I saw this palette from Maybelline in Boots and when I swatched the colours I knew instantly that I had to get it, and when I bought it, it was £2 off so that tempted me even more.
 This palette contains 12 eye shadows which are a mixture of shimmer, matte and satin shades. The packaging is sleek and classic with a transparent lid so you can see the eyeshadows in the pan.
The lid is securely closed by a clip and it also comes with a mini duo ended sponge tip applicator which I immediately discarded because I never use these. I like the range of shades, there are a few matte neutral shades ideal for transitioning and blending, a black to add depth and definition and some shimmer shades which can be used for the main accent colour to eye makeup. There is also a shade which is perfect for highlighting the inner corners and under the brow bone so my first impression of this palette is that it is practical, it's a great size to carry around or to travel with and you can create as simple or as dramatic look with this.
The shades are not named, however on the back of the palette there are mini tutorials of how to use either two, three or four of the shades in a makeup look. It states that there is 13 looks in this one palette although this does not mean you are restricted to that because I can see endless possibilities of looks with this palette.
One of the things I noticed about the palette is that the placement of the eye shadows in the pan correspond with the quad, trio and duo tutorials on the back of the palette so it makes it easier for beginners to pick the right shade of eye shadow. In each set of either two, three or four there is a lighter shade for highlighting and darker shades to add contouring and definition to the eyes.
I was so impressed with the pigmentation of these eye shadows. They are packed full of pigment, opaque and they have incredibly smooth consistencies. Those last two shades in particular were a bit blotchy compared to the others however they still have the same level of pigmentation. The colours blend so easily and they compliment each other really nicely. The copper and the gold shade really stand out for me.
The pigmentation of the shades stay in place for a few hours without flaking off. They didn't fall out during application either. Overall, I like this palette, and I especially love the gold and the copper shades. I feel like it is different from most nude eye shadow palettes because the shades are super pigmented and a lot of nude eyeshadows have a tendency to be mainly matte and I like that some shades have a tiny bit of shimmer and this just adds a bit of glamour to the traditional simple nude eye. For the tutorial I created a golden cut crease eye makeup look. Start by priming the eye.
With a blending brush I am blending the end shade on the top row all the way through the crease as my first transitional shade.
Then with an angled brush I am creating the cut crease line with the end shade of the bottom row. I am softening the edge of the black crease line using the second shade on the top row.
To soften the edges I am using the third shade on the top row with a blending brush, and then I am highlighting under the brow bone with the fifth shade on the bottom row.
With a flat shader brush I am patting the third shade on the bottom row all over the lid.
To create a subtle gradient I am blending some of the fourth shade on the top row directly on the outer third of the crease.
I am then just going back in with the black to redefine the base of the cut crease and to create a sharper edge.
 I am then applying a thin line of liquid liner to the upper lash line.
 Finish off by curling your lashes and applying mascara.
 
What is your favourite nude eye shadow palette?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review