Barry M Super Natural Limited Edition Palette

Uh oh, here we have yet another nude eye shadow palette that had 'accidentally' made it's way into my makeup collection! This limited edition eye shadow palette, £6.49, contains eight super gorgeous shades ranging from a pale nude to a rich deep plum with rose-gold shades mixed in too.

The design of the palette has a really pretty floral pattern with gold lettering.
Inside is a small mirror, two mini sponge tip applicators and a plastic film covering the eyeshadows.
The shades are so pretty to look at and are suitable for many skin tones. The shades aren't named so for the purpose of this post, they'll be numbered from 1-8, with 1 being the lightest and 8 being the darkest. The palette contains a collection of matte and shimmery shades. You can see the shimmer and the glitter in the shades towards the darker end of the palette. Out of the eight shades, only 3 of them appear to be matte (1,3 and 7) but otherwise I really like the amount of shimmer in the other shades.
The pigmentation of the shadows show up really well, you can just about see the palest shade which will make a really great highlight shade for under the brow bone and the inner corners. My attention is immediately drawn to the fourth, fifth and eighth shade as I love these colours in my eye makeup
The formula of the shadows are incredibly soft but once you dip a brush into the powder, they are so crumbly and there was a bit of fall out during application. The pigmentation during application wasn't as great as I expected but they are so easy to blend and apply. I created this eye makeup look using most shades from the palette. I started off by applying a primer and white eyeliner base.
 The first shade I used was the third shade and I buffed this through the crease as a transitional colour.
 Then I blended the fourth shade into the crease as well, but with using a smaller blending brush so there was a slight gradient between the two shades.
 Moving onto the fifth shade, I patted this all over the lid.
 I went with a halo effect so used the seventh shade in the inner and outer corners and blended into the crease.
 Moving onto the eighth shade, I went over the previous shade to add some depth and to darken it. Make sure to blend the shades.  
 Then I just dotted some of the first and second shade to the centre of the lid.
 To finish the eyes, I took the Maybelline Gel Liner and created a winged line and curled my lashes and applied mascara.
 
Overall, I'm slightly regretting that I picked this palette up, with a £6.49 price tag I was expecting a bit more quality, and considering Barry M is usually really great at having pigmented products. Unfortunately I don't think this is a palette I will reach for often, even though the shades are fairly opaque and blendable.
 
Have you tried this palette?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review