Achieve a Beautiful Sculpted and Contoured Face in Minutes

The most recent addition into the drugstore contour kit family is this one by Collection, retailing at £4.19. There is only one shade option available and it contains two shades; one highlight and one contour.


 The packaging is very basic and the case is plastic with a transparent lid so you can see the two shades. Inside the lid there is a really small mirror which I think is actually too small for the purpose of the kit. To me the hinge of the lid seems a bit weak but it does open and close really easily and it securely closes with a clasp.
 The size of each powder is a generous size and you can see that the contour powder is matte which will achieve a more natural sculpted finish and the highlight powder has a bit of shimmer in it which will add some brightness to your complexion.  
 In the swatch you can see the shimmer in the highlight powder and both of these have good pigmentation which isn't too opaque so I'm guessing that this will leave you with a more natural looking contour. The consistencies feel very creamy and it has a soft texture which is lightweight so I'm hoping it blends easily.
 I used the contour powder first using a duo fibre face brush from Real Techniques and blended this around the hairline, jawline, sides of my nose and underneath my cheekbone and you can see that it has created a really nice, natural sculpted definition to my face which I am so impressed with. I used a fan brush to dust the highlight shade to the tops of my cheekbones, the centre of my forehead, bridge of my nose and my chin and it created a really nice glow without making me look too oily.
Overall I really like this contour kit, I think it's great for beginners because it is really easy to use and you get a diagram of how to use it on the back of the palette if you are unsure of where to contour and highlight. I was able to apply it and blend it really easily however this kit will give a very natural and soft definition which I personally prefer over the strong Kim Kardashian level of contour. The only thing I would criticise about this is that if your skin tone is too light or too dark you won't be able to pull this colour off, as it may look too orangey on paler tones or too light against darker tones and as I said earlier they do not have any other shade options.
 
What is your favourite contour product?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. Great review! I'll have to check this palette out some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Get it in Superdrug quick while it is on offer! Its a third off right now!

      SparkleEyes x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review