Create Your Own Unique Look with this NEW Multi-Use Palette

New from MUA Cosmetics, the Amour Eyeshadow Palette contains 10 eye shadows and 2 cream metallic shades and this retails for £5 and includes a brush. This says you can 'create a unique and individual look with this multi-use palette!' There is also another shade option available.
The packaging of this palette is quite basic and has the same theme of the rest of the MUA palettes with the black edge and the see through lid. The case feels the same as the other palettes in the way that it feels quite weak and plastic but it does have quite a secure clip to keep the lid closed.
I really like the way this palette is laid out. On the far left there is two cream metallic shades, one lighter and one darker. In the middle there is four neutral eye shadows and on the right side there is six brighter shades and there is also an angled brush included in the palette too.
MUA say that the cream metallic formulas can be used as a highlight to accentuate facial features or on the eye to add a soft metallic finish wherever you desire. The two cream shades are very sheer when I swatched and don't have a lot of pigmentation however when you use the brush to pick up the product and apply it makes them stand out a bit better. Personally I think these shades are better for highlighting or adding just a touch of sheen to the skin but I'm not impressed with them overall. The eyeshadows, however, are nicely pigmented and opaque, the textures of them feel really soft although they are super crumbly when you dip a brush into them but there is not any fall our during application. There is also a combination of matte and satin finishes.
I'm starting by buffing the fourth nude shade in the crease. 
Then I am taking the darkest nude shade and blending this into the outer half of the crease to create a gradient.
I am then blending the lighter cream formula shade under the brow bone and then patting the lightest nude shade over the top to enhance the highlight.
With the mid pink shade, I am patting this all over the lid.
Then with that gorgeous violet purple shade, I am blending this in the outer corner and blending into the lid and crease shade.
To deepen the makeup I am precisely blending the black shade in the outer corners.
On the lower lash line I am lining it with the mid toned pink, the violet and the black to shape the eye.
Finally I am just dotting the gold shade in the inner corner.
 
As much as I love MUA products I am disappointed with this palette. After a few hours wear the shades had pretty much faded and merged in with each other even though I had a base applied. It had gathered in my crease and the pigmentation wasn't as good as how it was applied so unfortunately I'm not impressed with it.
 
What are your thoughts on the new MUA palette?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. I love the eye look! Even though you didn't like the palette overall, what's your favorite shade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for commenting! I love the gold and the dark purple shade, they are beautifully opaque and just fab to look at! It's a shame because MUA have been great recently at higher quality budget beauty however it was how quickly the shades creased that disappointed me. :(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review