Purple Halo Mermaid Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial

Today's tutorial is a mermaid inspired purple eye look. This is a really simple look to create and I absolutely love how it turned out. I am using the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette and selecting some purple shades as the main colour theme for the look and I am also using a solo MUA shadow to add some more depth later on.

 As always I am beginning by priming my eyelids with an eye shadow primer and then I am just blending a white eyeliner over the top to create a base to make the eye shadow pop.
 The first shade I am using is 'Urchin' from the Mermaids Forever palette and I am buffing this all the way through the crease as my transition shade.
 Then I am using a pencil brush to apply the shade 'Ocean' on the inner and outer corners, blending into the crease.
 Then I am adding some depth by using Shade 10 from the MUA single eye shadow collection and this is a deep purple with a little bit of sparkle
 Going back to the palette I am using the lightest shade and patting this all over the lid where there was no colour.
 I am adding some sparkle by patting some of the Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in Silver all over the previous shade on the lid.
 Then I am going back in with the solo MUA shadow to redefine the colour and to blend in with the glitter.
 On my lower lash line, I am using 'Urchin' and 'Ocean; to create a gradient from light to dark.
 To finish of the eyes I am applying liquid eyeliner, curling my lashes and applying mascara.
 On my lips I began by applying MAC Lipstick in Girl About Town and then I added a coat of Elizabeth Arden Lip Gloss in Intriguing Violet. I absolutely love this combination and the gloss created a mirror-like shine on my lips.
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. wow that eye make-up suits your eye colour! I also love the combination of the pink lips!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review