Childhood Sweets Nostalgia

Its Friday and I wanted today's post to be a bit different and I wanted it to be a bit more laid back. I was shopping in the supermarket and no shopping trip is complete without raiding the sweet aisle and I came across some of the sweets I use to have when I was a child which actually was quite a long time ago now. I purchased a bunch of different sweets that I could remember having as a child and trying all of these sweets has definitely made me feel nostalgic.
These are the Swizzels Rainbow Drops and these are just sugar coated puffed maize and rice sweets and trying them again now they taste like stale, over popped rice krispies coated in sugar and I actually was disappointed with them because I used to really like them.
 These are the Candy Land Candy Sticks and I used to absolutely love these and as soon as I tried them I was instantly transported back ten years. They are pineapple flavoured candy sticks and only now reading the packet, I've just realised they are pineapple flavoured and I didn't even notice.
 Ah, the good ol' Kinder Surprise. This was one of the things I would always get whenever I had sweet money and I still love them. I was never surprised with whatever toy was in them, I was more excited about the chocolate.
 I still love Refreshers, I will still occasionally pick up one whenever I can and these are just lemon flavoured chew bars with sherbet inside.
 Oh how this takes me back! Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum Tape! I regularly had this when I was younger and the design of the packaging has changed but the actual case is still the same and I was actually surprised to see that this is still available.
 Chewits were one of my favourites, and they actually still are one of my favourite chewy sweets, they still taste the same and I always had the strawberry flavoured one, never any of the other flavours. I remember once I had a massive box of these and I unwrapped that main wrapper from them and threw them all in together and I think I got through them quite quickly...
 And last but not least here we have the ridiculously over priced 25p Freddo, I remember when you could get them for 10-15p and there was so much outrage when the price was increased! Cadbury is my favourite chocolate brand EVER, ask anyone that knows me well enough!
What is your favourite sweet from your childhood?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. This is so sweet ( nice pun, huh? )! I feel the same way about all of these sweets too, they're so nostalgic from happy childhood memories :) I'm liking your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think I may do more posts like this except with different topics like films, books etc. If you have any ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them!

      SparkleEyes x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review