Collection Big Fake Curves Mascara Review

The last review of a Collection Mascara was the 5 in 1 Mascara which has overtaken the most popular post of all time so you guys seemed to love that review. Today I am reviewing the Big Fake Curves Mascara which is £4.99 in Superdrug. 
 This has a monster brush that is a curved shape. I was so shocked to see the size of the wand and my only concern was how easy this would be to apply and if it would make a mess of my eyes. I really love the colour and the packaging of this mascara because I am easily drawn in to black and pink (and have developed an obsession for these two colours recently).
There is a nice amount of product on the bristles when you take the mascara out the tube. The shade of this is Ultra Black. On the tube, it claims to create and define mega curves with a long lasting false lash effect. This seems that it would be great for an evening or party as opposed to daytime. 

I am going to compare each eye again. I curled one eye to see the difference in application and appearance.
 Uncurled lashes compared to curled lashes
One Coat
 Uncurled lashes compared to curled lashes
Two Coats
Uncurled lashes compared to curled lashes

The mascara was surprisingly easy to apply considering the size and shape of the wand and it was mess-free. I definitely prefer the curled lashes so try curling your lashes before applying this mascara because it makes the mascara look better compared to uncurled lashes. 

When I applied the mascara, I found the lashes started to stick together which was down to the shape of the wand. However, this was easily fixed by using the top end of the wand to separate them and it made a huge difference. 

As for the fake lash effect, I think that my lashes do look a lot thicker but I am not completely convinced they look like 'false' lashes. However, that isn't going to stop me from using this mascara because I love the way that it looks on curled lashes. I probably wouldn't go above two coats because it did start to look a lot more clumpy. If you want this for a daytime mascara, try using one coat. However, if you want to wear it to an event, try two coats or three coats depending on what you prefer.

I am now going to leave this mascara for the rest of the day to test how long it lasts.

After one hour, my lashes still look in-tact and there is no flaking at all. It feels weightless as well.

Six and a half hours later, they are still in place. There is no smudging what so ever considering I went for a run for an hour and was near a bonfire for two hours.

Overall, I like this mascara in terms of appearance and long wearing. If you need to try a new mascara, have a go with this one and tell me your thoughts!

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review