Sugar Skull Halloween Makeup Tutorial

have seen this particular tutorial a lot this year and I decided to test my ability and challenge myself to do the 'Sugar Skull' makeup for my first Halloween tutorial. This uses face paints which I haven't used before, but for tips on how to use face paints see the blog post here

On a clean, dry face. Apply a light layer of white face paint all over the face. I am using a white cream makeup which is actually from the Sainsbury's Halloween range, it works just as well. I used a foundation brush to apply and then I took a complexion brush to blend it out. Apply this on all the areas you will have on show and apply it like a foundation.
Wait for the first layer to dry before building up the intensity of the white. Then use an eye shadow colour to do some 'contouring' and lightly dust on the cheekbones. I used a teal.
Use a matte black eye shadow to trace out the areas of the detail. I did a spider web on the forehead, circles around the eyes, the nose, jawline and on the chin.
Complete the detail with a black face paint and a precise brush. I also added a swirl on the cheek here as well. 
Fill in the inner circle with any eye shadow colour of your choice. I used a teal.
I filled in the flower pattern on the chin with the teal and defined out all the black lines with a layer of black eye shadow.
Across my lips I made these lines to represent teeth and just filled in my lips white.

Even though this design looks complicate it was actually very easy and simple to do.
So I hope you guys liked this tutorial and tell me what you are going as for Halloween.


SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review