2014 Recap and December Favourites

Hello everyone, it is nearing the end of 2014 and I wanted to make a special blog post about this year in particular. While the end of 2013 and start of 2014 was incredibly hard for me, I wanted to recap on the positive things that have happened this year, on and off of my blog because 2014 has been quite eventful. I also have some favourites for December in this blog post too.

This year in particular is a year I am glad to see the back of. In March, there was a bereavement in our family of someone who was very close to us all and had been ill since the December before so that particular moment of 2014 was a long-time coming but at the same time quite unexpected. I didn't do too well in my exams in May/June partly because of that and for other family reasons and in September we had to rehome our horses who have been a part of the family for the last few decades. I'm not going to go into too much detail about this because this is meant to be positive after all but I guess they're right when they say bad things come in threes.

My blog has been a highlight for me for the last few months in particular. Since September, the number of views I get each month on my blog has shot up and have doubled and tripled from previous months and that for me is such an achievement because SparkleEyes has been something I have committed too, planned and focused on and that is something that is very rare for me. I have never been able to stick to an activity for more than a few months but in February, my blog will the 3 years old! I have been so overwhelmed by it all, and looking back on my first blog posts, the way that I write has improved so much and the knowledge of makeup and skincare has gotten so much more vast and I am loving the experience of getting to know people with similar interests and reading other blogs and there is no way in the near or distant future I will give up on this blog. This is really cheesy but it has become a large part of my life now and it has influenced my decision to actually go to college and study this and get qualifications to become a makeup artist.

Another highlight of the year was Lanzarote back in August and it was a holiday to escape all of the emotions from the difficult few months before that and it was nice and relaxing and I am literally wishing that I can go back soon because it was a really great time.

Now onto the December favourites, the first product I have been loving this month is actually a product that I fell in love with about an hour after getting it at Christmas and this is the No 7 Eye Shadow Palette which has 20 shades of their favourite eye shadow colours. This has a really good range of highly pigmented and silky colours that stay in place all through the day into night time and there is so many different looks you can create with this palette. It is so thin and has a really good large internal mirror which is so useful for on the go application and it is a mixture of matte and shimmery colours. Hands down, my new favourite palette I will be constantly reaching towards for any occasion.
Any makeup-addict could tell you that the Real Techniques brushes by Sam and Nic Chapman definitely some of the best brushes you can get. For Christmas I got the Nic's Pics brush set that has five of Nic's favourite brushes, some of them being exclusive brushes to that set. I am loving three of them in particular, the angled shadow brush, the base shadow brush and the cheek brush because I have not been able to stop using them and have noticed such a significant difference of makeup application between these and even the Elizabeth Arden brushes I like. They are easy to use, soft bristles and they do their job expertly well.
Moving onto skincare, I have been obsessed with using the B. Pure Micellar Water which I bought on offer from Superdrug at the end of November if I remember correctly. This product has been a great new addition to my skincare routine everyday. Simply apply to a cotton pad and sweep it over your face. It is gentle enough to use on the eyes to remove any left over makeup that may not have been removed before and it dissolves all the impurities that build up in your skin throughout the day. This is perfect for people who are on the go a lot because there is no need to rinse this off and it is great for people even with sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin myself, but I try to use products that are suited for sensitive skin just so that I can be sure that it doesn't cause irritation for me, and this handy skincare product ticks all the boxes and it is safe to say it will be repurchased when it runs out.
I hope you guys have a really great New Year and I can't wait to start blogging again in 2015.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review