Christmas Cupcake Recipe

On the eighth day of Christmas blogging, it's a well known fact that I love baking, and eating, cupcakes. Of course I had to do Christmas cupcakes! These are really easy, yet effective, Christmas cupcakes that look so cute.


To see the recipe for the cupcake, click http://sparkleeyes101.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/baking-basic-cupcake-recipe.html which will take you to my favourite basic cupcake recipe. I used silver foil cupcake cases for this recipe but you can use any cupcake case you want/have. If you do use foil cupcake cases, be careful when taking them out of the tray when they are hot because the foil heats up quite a bit and it will burn.

When the cupcakes are cooled, I am using some buttercream, you can either make your own using this recipe: http://sparkleeyes101.blogspot.com/2014/06/baking-basic-buttercream-recipe-and-how.html or buy it premade, and I am applying just a thin layer of plain buttercream over the surface of each cupcake just with a knife.

With some more icing, I am transferring it into a bowl and adding some green gel food colouring. Gel colouring is a lot better than liquid food colouring and with gel colours you do not need to use a lot of it. When all the icing has been dyed green, transfer that into a piping tube or bag with a star tip and pipe dots around the outer edge of the cupcake. This is how you get the wreath effect.

To finish it off, I am using silver sugar balls on the dots of icing.

I hope you guys enjoyed this cupcake recipe and make sure to come back tomorrow for Day 10!

SparkleEyes x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review