MUA Cosmetics Winter Forest Matte Palette Review

Just in time for Winter, MUA Cosmetics have launched a new matte palette called Winter Forest. This contains another 10 matte shades that are perfect for the winter months. I loved the last MUA Matte Palette so fingers crossed this one is just as good. 

The first thing I noticed is the amount of cooler tones in this palette. It contains a few blues and greens as well as smokey colours and neutral tones so this palette is great for a number of different looks. I am slowly falling in love with the teal blue.

 All of these colours are smooth formulas except for the dark blue which feels a lot harsher than the other colours.
Top Row
Smoke, Midnight, Aqua, Azure, Camel

Bottom Row:
Slate, Dove Grey, Chino, Truffle, Sand
A lot of these colours I recognize from the other matte palette and some other single eye shadows but some of them are new.

The darker colours on the top row have far better colour pay off than the lighter colours on the bottom row. However, the lighter colours balance out the dark tones. I do not feel that this is a palette for everyday work or school use but I think that it would be good for occasions in winter like a night out or something.

Overall, my final thoughts on this palette is good because they are easily blendable but I am a bit disappointed with the payoff for the lighter colours because I have been obsessed with MUA eye shadows because of how pigmented they are. However, this isn't a palette I would recommend because of that reason which is really disappointing.

What are your thoughts on this palette?

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review