Holly and the Ivy Christmas Makeup Tutorial

On the fourth day of Christmas blogging, I decided to do a holly and ivy themed makeup look. Decorating with holly from the Common is always a tradition in our house and when it gets closer to Christmas I love the dark green holly colour. This tutorial is inspired somewhat by the song 'Holly and the Ivy' but also because holly and ivy is a traditional Christmas thing.

Before you begin, apply a generous layer of primer and white eyeliner all over the eye, especially on the lid. When we apply the glitter it will need a good base to stick to.
I am beginning by fluffing a grassy green shade all through my crease and blending slightly towards the brow bone.

With a darker holly green shade, I am fluffing this in the outer half of the crease, blending with the previous green shade.

Then to finish the gradient, I am mixing some dark green with a tiny bit of black and fluffing this in the outer corner and blending with the green.

I applied a sheer layer of silver eye shadow all over the lid to create a base for the glitter. I am using a silvery gold fine glitter by Barry M and patting this all over the lid. Build up the intensity with the glitter but try not to go overboard. There will be some fallout so remove any excess glitter with a makeup wipe.

The next step is to add the winged liner and to imitate holly berries, I am dotting some red shadow in the inner corner.

Curl your lashes and apply mascara.

I lined under the wing with a silver liquid eyeliner and drew two holly leaves with green eye shadow and finished them off with three dots to imitate berries.


On my lips I applied a red lipstick by ELF to add some extra Christmassy feel.

See you tomorrow for Day 5 of Christmas Blogging!

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review