A Dupe for RT Bold Metals Brushes? Look No Further!

Want a dupe for the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection? Then look no further! Our friends over at Makeup Revolution have recently launched a collection of makeup brushes. I purchased two at first to try them out and I was so impressed with the quality of them, I went back within a few days to purchase the rest of the collection.

The Ultra Metals brushes are nicely presented in clear plastic packaging with coppery gold accent colour.
 The handles of the brushes are a shiny copper gold which makes them look stylish and professional and the bristles are a crisp, clean white colour. There are five brushes in total, four of them are face brushes and one is an eye brush.
 This is the Ultra Flawless Powder Brush, £9.99. This brush is has beautifully soft, domed shaped bristles which allows for perfect application of all makeup powders. I used this brush to make sure that my blush and bronzer shades were blended and to remove any excess pigment and then I used it to apply my powder which set my foundation and what I like about this brush is that it doesn't apply a heavy amount of powder so it avoids that cakey look with makeup.
This is the Ultra Contour Foundation brush, £9.99. The flat sides of the brush allows a large area of coverage whilst the angled edges allow precise application around the eyes and nose. This brush is really nice to use to apply foundation from the back of the hand to the skin. I began by dotting it around the skin and then using the edges to blend out. It took a little bit of blending to be able to eliminate the appearance of any brush strokes but overall application of foundation was really quick. I used the tip of the brush to buff out the foundation in circular motions just to make sure it was as flawless as it possible could be, and it was!
 This is the Ultra Flat Contour Brush, £9.99. Contour perfectly with this angled brush that allows a large area of precise coverage in one application. The bristles are so dense but incredibly soft at the same time, I was able to apply bronzer into the cheekbones and blend it out at the same time and I absolutely loved the results.
 This is the Ultra Sculpt Blush Brush, £8.99. The design of this brush allows for flawless highlighting across the cheeks with ease. This brush has slightly fluffier bristles compared to the rest of the collection and it precisely applied my blush without it looking overdone or over the top. It is the perfect size for the apples of the cheeks and the top of the cheekbones to add blush and highlight, and even to soften contour if you want a more natural finish.
 This is the Ultra Pointed Crease Eye Shadow Brush, £5.99. It effortlessly applies eye shadow in one stroke either full lid or to create the perfect smoky eye professionally. For me, this is not the right shape to actually apply shadow to the lid but I love it for creating bold smoky looks in the crease. It buffs out shadow really nicely and blends shades together but I prefer this brush for use more on the outer corners for a smoky effect rather than on the lids or in the crease.
Makeup brushes get dirty really quickly and it is important to keep them clean and wash them regularly to avoid the build up of bacteria. MUR have treated us to this little tool which is an absolute miracle! This is the Pro Brush Cleanse Tool, £5.99. Step One is to place the tool on your first and second finger, there is an opening at the bottom of the product where you can do this. Step Two is to apply some brush shampoo or brush cleaner to the middle of the ridged part of the cleanse tool and here I like to swirl the brush around to make sure all the makeup is removed. Step 3 is to hold the brush on the tool under running water until fully clean.
The bristles of the Ultra Metals brushes are incredibly soft, they effortlessly and professionally apply makeup. The brush cleaning tool eliminates the effort of cleaning brushes as it is so quick and easy to use, its making me want to clean my brushes more, if anything! There is nothing I can fault with any of these new products, I am a huge fan of Makeup Revolution and these new products are definitely worth picking up next time you're in Superdrug! All the brushes are synthetic brushes, they do not shed and they feel really strong and durable. Another great product from Makeup Revolution!
 
What is your favourite Makeup Revolution Product?
 
SparkleEyes x 

Comments

  1. Great review - I want that brush cleaning tool! My fave is a tie between the Fortune Favors the Brave and New-Trals vs Neutrals Eyeshadow palettes. I also am in love with the Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette - Give Them Nightmares eyeshadow palette because I love purples and teals and it's hard to find a decent formula esp. the purples. It has a Violet duo chrome shade that is incredible. It's on sale for $5.59 and might be limited edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. I agree, I love Fortune Favours the Brave, New-trals vs Neutrals and Give Them Nightmares. I also adore the Unicorns Unite Salvation palette and the Beyond Flawless palette - all of which I have reviewed on my blog if you would like to check them out?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review