Wicked Witch Halloween Makeup Tutorial ft. My Mum!

I am so excited for today's Halloween tutorial! Not only is it my first Halloween look this year, but I am excited because I am doing a wicked witch themed makeup look on my mum who is absolutely looking forward to being turned green!

I ordered a pack of three brushes, 2 high density sponges, 5 wax spatulas, spirit gum, special effects wax and four face paints in white, black, bright green and dark green.
 I am starting by using some of the scar wax to create a little bean-sized ball and then I am pressing it into the skin and this is going to be a witches wart which I am painting later.
 The first colour I am using is the Bright Green Face Paint and using a foundation brush to apply this all over the face.
 Once the first layer has dried, I am going back in with the same colour to increase the intensity of the green. I am using a smaller brush to get into the hard-to-reach areas such as the sides of the nose and moth and under the eyes. Keep the main eye area clear because we will be doing some eye makeup there later.
 The next colour I am using is Dark Green and I am using the foundation brush to 'contour' the cheekbones and hairline. This is a theatrical makeup look after all so I'm not too worried about making sure it is perfectly blended, but I am using a small flat brush to soften the distinction between the dark and bright green.
 Then I am moving onto the black face paint to fill in the brows and I am creating a long arched shape and then using little strokes between the brows to create a mono-brow effect.
 The palette I used for the makeup is the Makeup Revolution Give Them Nightmares Palette. I am fluffing 'Pretty Zombie' in the crease, then patting 'Darkness' all over the lid. Then I am blending the two shades together by buffing 'I am Watching You' in the crease.
 On the waterline, I am using a fineliner brush to line it with a gel liner, then using the light purple and black shade on the lower lash line.
 I finished by painting the warts black and dotted some white on them and then added some black lipstick.
 
What is your Halloween costume?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review