Divine Looking Lashes?

New from Collection, the Divine Waterproof Lash Mascara, £4.99, claims to be a 'volumising, curling waterproof formula enriched with a moisturising complex that leaves lashes beautifully soft and looking divine.' I had high hopes for this mascara as I personally love long thick lashes and my general first impression with this product is that it could achieve that for me... then I used it for the first time and that is when it went downhill from there.

There are two different options available; a waterproof version which is this one or a regular one and both come in the shade Black. I chose to get the waterproof one because heading into the colder weather, my eyes tend to water so I thought I would play safe and choose the waterproof one.
The colour theme of the packaging is gorgeous and attractive, I love the contrast between black and gold and gold is actually my favourite colour for this season. The shape of the tube is the same as pretty much all of the Collection mascaras.
The wand is an 'enhanced multi bristle which coats every lash with intense colour for the perfect glamour lash look.' Well, I don't think it does. The wand is a beautifully thin and precise rubber wand  ideal for coating the very short lashes on the inner corner or the bottom lashes and it has different length bristles. However, I was so unimpressed with the results of what the wand and the consistency of the mascara actually created.
 This is one coat of the mascara on curled lashes and there is not a lot of added curl, length or volume to the lashes. Even though applying it was easy there was a lot of flaking which seemed like the mascara had dried out inside.
 With two coats, the lashes are slightly thicker but overall there was no huge difference apart from even more flaking.
In this photo, on the left side there is no mascara and on the right side has a total of three coats. In comparison, there is not much difference. I expected a longer, fuller lash effect but I didn't get that with this product. I didn't want to apply any more than three coats as it started to clump a little bit.

On a more positive note, it definitely is waterproof and it stays on the lashes for a very long time. Unfortunately, overall I was left very disappointed with the results, I did not agree with most of what it claimed to achieve. I did think my lashes felt soft but as for 'looking divine' I did not think so. I'm not sure if it was because it's a waterproof formula as sometimes with drugstore mascaras the consistency can be a bit different to regular formulas but it has put me off trying the other one.

What is your go-to mascara?

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review