Autumn Chocolate Butterscotch and Honeycomb Cupcakes

It's no secret that I am a cupcake-addict and for this recipe I decided to make some cupcakes perfect for Autumn and the sugar used in these cupcakes gives them some slight toffee flavour and I put some chocolate chips with either honeycomb or butterscotch pieces as these are my favourite Autumn flavours.

Ingredients
Cake:
150g unsalted butter at room temperature
150g light muscovado sugar
150g self raising flour
3 beaten eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
Icing:
60g unsalted butter
250g golden icing sugar
 
Method
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (180 degrees) and line a cupcake tin with the cupcake cases of your choice.
Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, using either a wooden spoon or an electric mixer.
Gradually add in the beaten eggs a little at a time and mix thoroughly until smooth and combined. The consistency of the batter will become a lot more runny and watery.
Sift in the flour, the baking powder and vanilla extract and fold in thoroughly with a metal spoon until smooth. The consistency will be a lot thicker and the colour will become paler.
Transfer the mixture equally into the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, or until you can insert a cocktail stick into the top and when you take it out it is completely clean.
 
To make the icing, place the butter in a mixing bowl and gradually add the golden icing sugar and mix. As I went along I needed to add some milk just to help the consistency become a bit thinner.
Pipe or use the back of a spoon to transfer the icing onto each cupcake. I am using a large round open tip nozzle I started by squeezing some icing onto the centre of the cupcake, then piping rings around it to get the height. At this point I wish I made the icing a bit thicker by using more icing sugar as the tiers collapsed into each other.
Then just to finish off the cupcakes, I just added some chocolate chips to each cupcake and then I put some butterscotch pieces on half of them and some honeycomb pieces on the other half.
What is your favourite cupcake flavour?

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review