Strictly Come Dancing Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Strictly season is upon us and one of the things I love most about the entire show is the makeup. All the makeup is absolutely stunning, packed full of glitter, sparkle, rhinestones, lashes... everything glamorous. I created this sparkly dramatic makeup look inspired by Strictly, this is definitely something I would wear on a night out especially around Christmas or New Years.


On a primed eye, I am starting by buffing shade 'M2' from the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette all the way through the crease and fluffing out the colour towards the outer corner. I am using a Zoeva 228 brush to do this.
Moving onto the shade 'M1' from the same palette, I am using the Zoeva 230 brush to contour the outer half of the crease and add some depth, then I am softening and blending the two shades with he 224 brush from Zoeva.
Moving onto the Smashbox Double Exposure palette, I am using the same 230 brush to apply 'Noir' to the outer V of the crease, then buffing the shade out using the 231 Zoeva brush.
From the Double Exposure palette, I am using a 224 Zoeva brush to fluff the shade 'Copper' all the way through the crease but slightly below the brow bone and blending with the lighter brown shade. Then I am softening all the edges with 'Veil' using the 227 Zoeva brush.  
All over the lid I am using a flat shader brush to pat MAC Metallic Pigment in Snow and I want a nice opaque layer of this although this particular product is quite difficult to work with, so I took my time to apply it in small amounts at a time.
Then to add some more glitter and sparkle, I am patting Barry M Glitter in Gold Iridescent over the MAC pigment.
I am mixing 'Noir' and 'Copper' from the Double Exposure palate and going back in with the 224 brush to go over the edge of the glitter and the crease, just to sharpen the join between the two textures.
Next I am using the Maybelline Gel Liner and the Zoeva 315 and 317 brush to create this long exaggerated flick right from the inner corner to create a long sleek wing.
On my lips I am lining them and filling them in with Elizabeth Arden Lip Liner in Sugared Kiss and then applying Elizabeth Arden Lipstick in Desert Rose.
Clean up any fallout from the glitter and then apply the rest of your face makeup. To finish off the eyes, I curled my lashes and applied mascara and then added some long, full lashes.




 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review