Essence All About Matte Fixing Compact Powder

When I saw this Fixing Compact Powder by Essence in Wilko for £3 I was so intrigued about what it does. I wanted to get it because my skin can get very oily and I constantly look for products that can deal with that situation.
The packaging is very simple and you can see the product through the transparent lid. This is described as an 'extremely smooth fixing compact powder for a matte and natural finish all day long.' It 'helps to blend blush and foundation colours together, fixes makeup when applied as finishing powder and is suitable for all skin types'.
 This white pressed powder product is very silky and smooth to the touch and when picked up with a brush, a good amount of product is picked up on the bristles. I found it effortless to sweep over my face using a complexion brush and it has a good coverage. It's a translucent powder which disappears into the skin, effectively absorbing shine for a matte finish.
 There is a very simple design on the product which makes it more appealing than a plain product. There is also lots of product to last for a long time. When applied, it doesn't look or feel heavy or cakey and doesn't make foundation look heavy or cakey either.
I was so impressed with the results. My oily skin looks matte and it sets face makeup really well for a long time. I'm not sure what it means by blending blush and foundation colours together, but overall I am really liking this product and will be using it every single day.
 
What is your favourite Essence product?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review