Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

I love the Real Technique's brushes because they are so durable and sturdy and are great to apply makeup. I decided to get the Miracle Complexion Sponge to experiment with new ways of applying foundation. This retails for £5.99 in Superdrug and Boots.

 This 3 in 1 Sponge can be used damp or dry to apply liquid foundation. It has three types of edges to it, including a flat edge to contour around the eye area and nose, a pointed tip to cover imperfections and the sides to blend foundation over a larger area of the face.
 I used this dry to apply the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation. I dotted the foundation over my face using the tear-drop applicator that comes with the foundation and blended one side of my face using the sponge, and the other with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush with the sponge to compare results.
 I used the rounded sides to blend the foundation which I didn't exactly like. I feel it was easier to use the brush to do the general blending and then use the sides of the sponge to blend out any brush strokes or lines or add some extra coverage. I liked the pointed tip to get under my eyes and the sides of my nose to blend the foundation which was effective. I used the flat side to tap in the foundation to make sure that there were no streaks or imperfect areas left over.
 I am so impressed with how my foundation looks when I use both the Expert Face Brush and this sponge because it creates a flawless base.
For comparison, I am going to use this sponge damp and then apply foundation to see the results.
 
With a dampened sponge, the foundation blends out a lot easier and effortlessly glides over the skin. Submerge the sponge underwater and it expands in size. The damp sponge doesn't make my skin dry out or apply the foundation streaky which is a good thing. Using this damp avoids going to extra step of incorporating brushes for your base as it will apply, blend and cover your skin a lot easier and nicer than using it dry.
 
Overall, I think this is a great product to apply and blend your foundation when you are in a rush, or if you are out somewhere or travelling, it saves space in your makeup bag and does everything that a brush would do. You could even do your foundation before you leave and take the sponge with your foundation along with you to do touch-ups throughout the day if you need to. It has definitely made a difference in the appearance of my complexion.
 
Sam and Nic have said that they like their brushes to have multi-uses and one of the uses this sponge does is apply cream blush. I'm not a big fan of cream blush but I find with this it applies just the right amount of blush and you can easily pat onto the cheeks and blend out and it gives a really nice healthy glow without any brush streaks or heavy cakey areas.
 
On the packaging it says to wash this every 1-3 uses, but I'm not sure what way is best to use. I tried using both the brush cleaner I have and the old way I clean brushes with just a regular shampoo but neither of those two seem to work so if you know a way that works, please let me know!
 
What are your opinions on the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review