Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme Volum' Waterproof Mascara Review

The time had come for me to get a new mascara and I was in need of a waterproof mascara at the time for an event, and I ended up walking away with the Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme Waterproof Mascara. I actually got this for £5 in Sainsbury's in May, but this usually retails at around £7.99.

I had a look on their website and it says: 'Our first double curved stem is designed to deposit an extra shot of volume onto the supersized brush.' They claim that your lashes will look 'supercharged' and will not be clumpy. The packaging is in the same shape as a lot of their mascara tubes and it is a matte yellow tube colour with a shiny teal accent colour and this is easily spotted in your makeup bag because it's nice and bright.
When I first took the wand out of the tube, my first instant reaction was 'oh'. The wand seemed to have very little product, it looked like the mascara had dried out and the bristles were out of shape and looked flattened. However, I put it back in the tube and took it out again a few times (not too much or quickly enough for air to get in there) just to see what would happen, and it worked!
The bristles looked a lot more 'alive' in a way, they had regained their shape and there was a nice amount of product in the bristles. I was a bit concerned about how easy this would be to apply because that wand is fairly big but it was so easy! It applied evenly and effortlessly and the bristles glided through my lashes adding lots of length, definition and volume. There was absolutely no clumping at all and I managed to apply around two to three coats for more intense looking lashes. It nicely separates the lashes and dries very quickly and it is definitely a waterproof formula.
One Coat
Two Coats
Three Coats
 
I absolutely love this mascara and I can confidently say that this is the only mascara in my collection right now that I would repurchase. It does everything that I want a mascara to do for my lashes and it doesn't flake or smudge and it holds that curl very nicely. Removal is also really easy too.
 
What is your favourite Maybelline mascara?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review