Makeup Revolution The Viper Mascara Review

I actually can't believe it's been just over a year since the launch of Makeup Revolution, and over this time they have released so many different unique and impressive products and one of the latest releases is The Viper Mascara, the mascara with bite. This retails for absolutely amazing bargain price of £3 in Superdrug and after reading some great reviews I decided to try it out for myself.

'Watch Out! Introducing Lashes with Bite!!
Mascara with Bite! Mascara with our VIPER Brush. Our new mascara with our Arching Brush to catch all your lashes for precise volume application.
Use the unique brushes Snake’s BACK for VOLUME and LIFT. use the SIDE and TIP for precise lash catching!' 
 The packaging of this mascara is different and was something that immediately caught my attention. It is a coppery brown snake-print pattern which has black lettering on the tube and the shade of this mascara is black, which I believe is the only shade available.
 The wand is the most interesting and unique part of the mascara, and this shape is based on the head of a Cobra which excellently fits into the theme of the mascara and this shape isn't something I have seen on any other mascara. It is a precise wand but has a wider centre and precise tip.  
 
 The only thing that I was concerned about was how easy it would be to apply to the lashes, but it was pretty much mess-free and easy. The shape of the wand was actually quite helpful in applying mascara, there are different parts that help you to achieve different effects, such as the back of the wand for volume and lift and the tip and sides for precise application. As always I curl my lashes before I apply mascara.
 One Coat
There is not much volume with one coat but the lashes do appear to be slightly longer. It was so easy to get the wand through the lashes and the mascara is nice and opaque. It dries fairly quickly, I'd say around 30 seconds. The shape of the wand was effective to apply the mascara and it does exactly what Makeup Revolution has claimed. I applied one coat on my bottom lashes using the side of the wand and it didn't apply too much mascara which is a good thing.
 Two Coats
Two coats of the mascara is a lot better in terms of length and volume. It isn't clumpy at all and it was effortless to glide the wand through the first layer of mascara because it hadn't dried completely, otherwise I would have ended up with spider lashes.
Three Coats
I felt like I could potentially apply three coats but this is the absolute maximum coats before it goes horribly clumpy.
 
Overall, for a £3 mascara, I love this product. It's great at giving my lashes some extra volume and length and this stays in place all day without smudging or flaking. The mascara generously coats the lashes in hardly any time at all so it's super quick to apply and it dries under a minute as well. My lashes did loose their curl towards the end of the day so this product isn't great at keeping that in place, but overall for £3 you really cannot complain. I would definitely repurchase this product.
 
What is your favourite Makeup Revolution product?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review