MUA Cosmetics Sweet Sheen Lip Balm Review

One of the newest product launches into the MUA Cosmetics SS15 Collection are these essential Sweet Sheen Lip Balms, £2 each in Superdrug. They have 6 shades, I believe, of these lip balms and I chose two shades of pink.
 
'MUA’s sweet sheen is a soft balm that moisturises whilst also adding a subtle shimmer of colour to your lips!' - MUA Cosmetics
 There are 6 shades available with shades that will suit every skin tone and are super affordable. They have smooth and buttery consistencies which feel weightless on the lips and apply effortlessly. The tips of these lip balms are flat and precise allowing for complete control during application. The shades I got are Pink Lilly and Cherry Bomb and as you can see by the swatches, they are quite sheer so they are perfect for wearing during the summer days.
 Cherry Bomb is a pinky-red shade which my eyes were immediately drawn to. I love shades like this so chose to get this one. The colour payoff is actually quite good considering that these are sheer lip balms. This is a great wearable daytime colour.
 
 
 Pink Lilly is a light baby pink shade which is a bit too light for my skin tone but I think paired with a darker lip gloss it will be more effective.
 
 
They effectively condition the lips, leaving them feeling moisturised while adding the perfect amount of colour for Spring and Summer, but I'm not sure that these contain SPF so having an SPF Lip Balm underneath them will be essential during the warmer weather.
 
Overall, I think these are great essential products for Springtime going into Summer, but I don't think I will be purchasing more shades, simply because of the lack of SPF and I already have products in my collection that do all that type of stuff, but I do really like these ones.
 
What do you think of MUA's Sweet Sheen Lip Balms?
 
SparkleEyes x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review