L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude Rose Review and Tutorial

I've been trying some new brands recently, and one of the brands that caught my attention was L'Oreal because I saw this palette being used in a tutorial and thought it was absolutely gorgeous! This is a rose-toned palette which I absolutely love the look of so I decided to purchase this with two other products which you can read about in my next blog post.

 There are two shades of these palettes, Nude and Rose, and I got Rose because I have so many nude eyeshadow palettes and the shades in this one look really pretty and the perfect pastel shades for Spring. This retails for £14.99 which for me, is a price I never normally pay for a palette but hopefully it will be worth it.
 This palette is a lot smaller than I was expecting and it is a long and thin palette in a black sleek and shiny case with gold lettering and a pale rose coloured seal on the clip of the palette. Unfortunately, there isn't any description of this product on the packaging so I had a little peep on their website.
"L'Oreal Paris Color Riche La Palette Nude Rose consists of a symphony of nude tones specifically chosen by our make up designers to create your own glamorous & sophisticated nude eye looks. Our Palette of 10 shades will help you to create effortless nude eye looks. From neutral mattes to rich browns, create your timeless nude looks for any occasion."

 The back of the palette had a colour chart of the shades in the palette but they don't seem to be named shades.
 There is an internal mirror which is just the right size for the palette and it allows more concentration to focus on your eyes when applying the shadow. I feel like this would be a great palette to travel with because it has 10 gorgeous colours for creating any type of look that you can wear day or night which strays away from the traditional brown-toned shadows and the size of the mirror is a good size to carry around in your bag.
 Like I just said, these shades don't have names so they are literally going to be referred to in number order. The tones are mainly light neutral-pink based with a few greys, neutral taupe's and a darker violet purple. There is also a mixture of matte and shimmery shades and the colours compliment each other really nicely. I feel like this will compliment my eye colour because they are blue, but they do have another palette with different shades if this one isn't quite right for you.
 With the palette you get a duo ended eye shadow brush which is a decent size to use and comfortable to hold.
 This end is the traditional sponge-tip applicator which even with this palette I don't like.
The other end is a fluffier brush that I believe would be great for detail or softening or smoking out the edges of eye shadow. This is really soft and comfortable to use around the eye area.
 This palette has really nice pigmentation for pastel eye shadows, but in general they appear to be quite sheer, and the shadows are soft to the touch and easily blended. The colours can be built up a lot more intensely and they aren't patchy at all. They apply to the eyes nicely with no fallout.
Overall, I think these shades definitely need an opaque coloured base to make them appear a bit more vibrant because they are quite pastel-based shades. They blend so easily and I think it's a great go-to daytime palette for the warmer months because it creates a soft makeup look. I don't think this is a palette I would repurchase or purchase different shades of, but in general I do like this product.
 On a primed eye, I am patting the fifth shade all over the eyelid.
 To create a gradient, pat the second shade on the outer half of the eyelid and blend the two shades together.
 Highlight the inner corner with the first shade.
 Buff the third shade into the crease using a fluffy blending brush.
 Mix together the sixth and seventh shade and blend into the outer half of the crease.
 Trace the crease using the tenth shade and blend out, then use a cotton bud dampened with makeup remover and create a sharp edge against the outer corner of the eye.
 Trace the outer half of the lash line with the eighth shade and the inner half with the second shade.
 Apply liquid eyeliner and curl your lashes and apply mascara.
 
 
What are your thoughts on this palette?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review