L'Oreal Paris Superstar Mascara and Liner Review

When I bought the L'Oreal Palette, which I reviewed in my last blog post, I also purchased the new L'Oreal Superstar Mascara and Eyeliner. I am always on the hunt for mascaras that give my lashes a great false lash effect, and I also am a massive lover of liquid eyeliners that are easy to apply and stay put all day. I've seen that these are really great products so hopefully I will see that for myself and agree.
The L'Oreal Superstar Super Liner retails for £6.99 which I think is the most expensive price I have ever paid for a liquid eyeliner pen. This is a black liner in a black tube with gold lettering and detailing. It is nice and comfortable to hold and use easily. On the L'Oreal website, the description of the product reads:
'Transform your look in one daring stroke. Its specially designed felt tip fulfils your every wish. The 'Corseted' tip with a flexor system helps you to follow the natural contours of your eyes, boldly extending to the ends of the lashes. It's show time!'
 The tip is a tear-drop shade with an incredibly precise tip and the nib is so flexible it is so easy to use and create as thick or as thin of a line you want. The liquid liner flows really nicely dries super quickly with a matte finish. It is so easy to trace the upper lash line with this and creating a wing is almost effortless. This is a great product for someone who isn't the best at applying liquid eyeliner because it is fuss-free. The liner does smudge a bit and it is not waterproof so that is something to take into consideration.
 You can create incredibly thin lines for precise detail work or thicker lines for creating a cat-eye just by altering the amount of pressure you apply on the tip or what part of the tip you use. Using the very tip creates the thinner line and on the flexible side creates a slightly thicker line. It is so opaque and on a primed eye it lasts for such a long time without smudging, fading or flaking off. I really like this, it is so quick and effortless to use.
 

 The L'Oreal False Lash Superstar Mascara retails for £10.99 which I think is an OK price for a mascara that claims to create a false lash effect. The mascara has two ends, a white mascara that creates the base for longer and thicker lashes and a black mascara which goes over the white. The black and silver mascara tube has quite an interesting shape. The centre black section tapers in at the middle making it really easy to hold when using either end of the mascara.
I had a look on the website for this mascara and this is what the description of the product says:
'Take centre-stage with the NEW Superstar Mascara and let your eyes do the talking.

Our 1st mascara to give you show-stopping lashes in 2 effortless steps. The innovative 2-step system works  to thicken and lengthen your lashes with a fibre-enriched formula, for super-sized, super-long, Superstar lashes.'
The first mascara wand is a white base that is the 'primer' that creates the base for the false lash effect and the wand is actually a similar shape to the centre of the tube and has an hourglass shape. The top or base of the wand can be used easily to separate the lashes while applying a generous coating of the base.
'Step 1: SUPER-SIZING PRIMER
The super-sizing primer thickens the look of all lashes, while the corset shaped brush builds volume and prepares for step 2'
I think this does a really good job at creating a base for the mascara. This coats the lashes nicely without going too heavy on the white mascara and I can see such a difference in the length of the lashes. The base is what creates the length and volume, and I applied one coat in this photo but later on I applied two coats and in combination with the black mascara they looked a lot fuller and longer.
The second mascara wand is the black mascara that has a curved shape wand. It coats the primer excellently, just like what L'Oreal have claimed, and my lashes look longer and thicker and applies to curled eyelashes really well. The mascara glides through the lashes effortlessly and I used two coats of this mascara and it didn't clump at all. The lashes are nicely separated and are intensely black.   
'Step 2: SUPER-LENGTHENING TOP COAT
The lifting brush applies a black fibre enriched formula that perfectly coats the primer.
Lashes look lifted and longer, dressed in intense black.'

Overall, I really like these two products, I can definitely see myself using these regularly. The liner works well for all occasions and the mascara is effective for night time or a more dramatic makeup look because it really makes the lashes stand out. I did notice that at the end of the day the mascara  had smudged a little bit and in general they smudge quite easily so I'm a bit let down by that, especially because it retails at £11, but they last a decent few hours before that happens. The curl holds really nicely and both products dry within a short amount of time after application. I'm not convinced I would repurchase the mascara but I would definitely consider buying the liner again.
 
What are your thoughts on L'Oreal's Superstar Collection?
 
SparkleEyes x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review