Christmas Party Makeup Tutorial | 12 Days of Blogmas

'Tis the Christmas Party Season and for this party inspired makeup look, I am using the Naked Smoky Palette from Urban Decay to create a dramatic halo smoky eye combined with lots of silver and glitter for that really Christmassy effect! I am also doing a full tutorial of how I am doing my face makeup as well and also what brushes I use too.
I am starting with the eye makeup because I can easily clean up any fall out before applying my foundation later on. The first thing I am doing is applying the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer all over the eye area to create a base for the shadows which will give it something to grip onto and prevent creasing.
The first shade I am using from the Naked Smoky Palette is 'Combust' and using the Zoeva 228 brush, I am working this colour all the way through the crease and blending up towards the brow bone paying extra attention to the outer half of the crease.
Next with a 224 brush from Zoeva, I am taking the shade 'Password' and blending this just into the crease as precise as I can and again, paying extra attention to the outer half where I want the most smoky colour.
I am now starting to build up the halo shape of the eye, so I am taking the Zoeva 230 brush and some of 'Dagger' and applying this into the inner corner, outer corner and into the crease. I'm going back in with the 224 brush to blend that shade out to soften the edges.
Now is where it starts to get fun and where I'm using the main lid and glitter colours. I am first blending a white eyeliner onto the lids just to give the shades some extra vibrancy. Be careful you don't disturb the other eye shadow colours and smudge them while blending the pencil on.
The first shade I am using is 'Thirteen' just as a wash of colour over the lids with a Zoeva 227 brush to make sure that the Dagger shade blends out into the lid underneath the next shades. I just brushed that on lightly to avoid smudging the other shades.
On the lid, I am using 'High' with a 226 Zoeva brush and I am gradually packing this shade onto the centre of the lid to build up intensity. I am doing a few layers of this because it is a light colour.
Going back to the 230 brush, I am applying a small amount of  'Black Market' on the outer V of the eye to create some shape. I'm using the 224 brush to soften the edge of the colour in a V shape and I'm holding the brush quite far up the handle to get the free movement. Then I repeated the process until I was happy with how intense the black was.
Next with the 227 brush, I am softening all edges of the shadow with 'Thirteen' and then I am using the pencil brush of the Naked Smoky brush to add this shade to the inner corners.
Now I am going in with glitter on the lid and I used the Makeup Revolution Aqua Seal Primer mixed with the Barry M Glitter in Silver to give it more of a creamy consistency to imitate a base. I used the 226 brush to do this, wiped off the excess and repeated the process while the lid glitter was still tacky but with dry glitter. Try not to look up while the glitter hasn't fully dried otherwise it transfers into the crease. If that does happen, like it did to me, go back in with 'Dagger' and a precise blending brush to hide it.
Now I am going to start my face makeup and I am applying the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Primer all over my skin.
Before foundation, I am concealing under eye circles using Seventeen Miracle Matte Concealer Crayon in Fair. I LOVE this for under my eyes, its got really great coverage and easily blendable and it blends into the texture of my skin and doesn't give me that cakey concealer effect.
Moving onto foundation, I am using the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation in 10 Ivory with a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to blend out all over my face and then I am buffing it with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for a more realistic finish.
Next I am concealing any extra areas I might have missed with the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Medium mixed with a little bit of Extra Fair. This gives me a more exact match for my skin tone.
To finish the eyes,  I am using a Zoeva 237 brush to smudge some of 'Combust' all the way along the lash line apart from the inner third. Then I am applying 'Password' on top of that with the same brush and finally I am using the black right on the outer third of the lower lash line and blending that with the black on the outer corner. I am lining my waterline with a black gel liner from MAC and a Zoeva 315 brush, and then creating a cat flick on my upper lash line. I went over the line a few times to cover the glitter that was peeping through. Then to set the liner I just went over with a few dots of black shadow on the 237 brush. I then applied Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara on curled lashes and applied some MAC Individual lashes on the outer corners.
Not forgetting eyebrows, I am using the Makeup Revolution Eye Brow Kit to fill them in. First I brushed through them using a brow comb then I took the darkest tinted brow wax on a Zoeva 322 brush to outline the base and top of the arch and then used the top two brow powders on the second brow to blend the wax out and to fill in my brows using small feather strokes. Then I highlighted the arch using the Enhancing Cream from the palette on a synthetic concealer brush.
On my cheeks I used the Makeup Revolution Contour Kit with a Real Techniques Ultra Metals Contour Brush to define my cheekbones and to contour my hairline and jawline. I used the second shade in on the bottom row. Moving onto the Makeup Revolution Ultra Metals Blush Brush, I used this to apply some highlighter and I used the highlighter from the MUR Contour Palette.  
Then I used the Estee Lauder Powder Brush to add a dusting of Essence All About Matte Fixing Compact Powder all over the skin to take away any excess shine. Then I used a spritz of MUA Cosmetics Setting Spray to keep my makeup in place.
 

On my lips I used Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection and then the Essence Nude Lipstick in Shade 5.
 I love how this makeup turned out, I'd definitely wear it to a Christmas or New Years Party. I think the thing I love most is the lashes, because I used individual lashes on the outer corners they enhanced the length of the lashes which complimented the drama of the makeup.
 
What is your go-to Christmas Party Makeup look?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review