Christmas Party Makeup Tutorial for Mature Skin | 12 Days of Blogmas

They say as you get older you shouldn't use shimmer and glitter and things like that but as it's the party season, I am going completely against that 'rule' to present you with a makeup tutorial for mature skin types that has glitter incorporated into the eyes.
You've already seen my Mum in one of my makeup tutorials but she was a little bit green in that post so she's a bit happier to be in a makeup tutorial that doesn't involve face paint! For her office Christmas party the theme is 'James Bond' so we went with a very glamorous gold eye and a dark berry lip. My mum's skin tone is a lot darker than mine and she has a warmer undertone so the gold and the berry shades compliment her skin really nicely.
Firstly I used a mattifyying primer all over her skin as she tends to go slightly shiny and this is going to give the makeup something to grip onto to keep it in place all night. The foundation we used was the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude in the shade 30 and I used a stippling brush from Real Techniques to blend this into the skin. I also did some contouring and highlighting and used a little bit of blush on her skin and set everything with a pressed powder.
 For her eye makeup I used the Nude Dude Palette from The Balm and after priming the lids I took 'Flawless' on a Zoeva 228 and blended this into the crease, added some depth with 'Flirty' on a 224 Zoeva brush and then I used the Makeup Revolution Awesome Eye Foil in Rose Gold on the lids as a base for the glitter. I then applied Collection Glam Crystal Gel Liner in Funk all over the lid and applied two coats of this. Then to set that glitter I patted a little bit of 'Faithful' from the Nude Dude palette over the top. To finish the eyes I added highlight in the inner corners and brow bone, applied a thin line on her lash line using gel liner and applied mascara. I used MAC Individual Lashes on the outer corners to enhance the length of the lashes.
Both my Mum and I liked how this makeup look, she has hooded eyes but you could still see some of the gold glitter peeping through and it looks absolutely fabulous when she closed her eyes and light bounced off the glitter!
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review